Saturday, June 30, 2012

I have a Two Year Old!

Here is my last monthly update for my man!


We didn't get percentages this time for some reason but here you go...
Weight: 34lbs
Height: 38 3/4 inches


I had heard that pediatricians predict the adult height at 2 so I was eager to hear this. Sure enough, the doctor said it looks like you might be 6' 3". I think that's a great height for a man! Looks like you might be taller than your Dad at 6' 2" :)


Size 5 diapers
2T clothes; some 3T shirts
Size 7.5W shoes - haven't grown a centimeter it seems!
Sleeping: 8ish - 7ish; Nap time: About 2 1/2 hours each afternoon


When I tell you that you can only have ONE popsicle, you answers "Two!"; Then I say "One," and you says, "Two!"....I can't tell if you're just counting or actually trying to negotiate with me! You are such trouble. :) 2 is your favorite number and you can work it into plenty of conversations.


You are obsessed with gum and popsicles. I can easily spend most of my day saying no to these two requests or working it into some kind of positive reinforcement. You don't ever swallow the gum but it's just so pointless for a 2 year to have!


It's a race against the summer heat!
You are more interested than ever in construction equipment and construction sites. Everything is an enthusiastic "Dirt!" Fortunately, we have so much construction around town that we can stop at almost any red light and see some sort of work happening. There is a lot of disappointment when the light turns green and we move on. It's met with a whimper and "Pleeeeeeease" so that we won't drive off. Thank goodness that doesn't last long! It's so sad.
You love your movies now! Finally :) Just in time for our FL trip. Your favorite is Bob the Builder (of course) and you take ideas that you learn there and act them out with all your tools and tractor toys. Pretty adorable. Next, you love Curious George and ask for him by making monkey sounds :) You'll say George if we ask you to but you (and I) prefer the hee hee hoo hoo haa haa sounds ;)

Watching Curious George with Pop. He later said, "I don't get why people like that monkey." ;)

You are so great with wearing your sun hat outside. You know to take it off inside, which I like to think is the beginning of good manners :) You also set your place at the table before dinner (Thanks Mimi!) and you know how to put your hands together for prayer. I can't wait to hear your little prayers someday!


Your transition to the toddler bed has been simply incredible. You STILL stay in your bed until it's time for us to come get you in the morning. I am shocked at how easy you have been. So not consistent with your strong-willed personality but I'll take it! We've only had two times that were a struggle and I thought it was the end of the world. You have spoiled me, dude!
You go down so easily with a book. Again, I'm so shocked!
Other interests: Being outside, teasing the dogs with their chew toys, water, bubbles, picking your nose (sigh), wrestling, your art easel and so. much. golf. ;) Also....
You are very interested in hot and cold temperatures these days. You like to point them out and blow on hot foods.
You and Brinkley are big buds. Here you had just taken a carrot off the island to feed to him when you thought I wasn't looking ;)
I love you in button down PJs. These are your latest Paul Frank pajamas from the Asels. Of course, you call them George :)
You are really starting to enjoy the library. You pick out your own book (knowing exactly where the construction books are), pick out a chair and read to me. I hope this continues!
Doodling! I love watching you create.
I sound like a broken record but we are just so proud of you and love watching you grow up! I still can't believe that we created someone so bright and funny and smart and beautiful! We love you, Grayson Luke!





2 comments:

The Pharrs said...

He's so cute and sweet and adorable and all kinds of other good stuff. I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of him :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Carissa! You're always so sweet!!