Sunday, February 24, 2013

This time last year...everything was different.

It hit me the other day that I was going through the complete opposite period of my life this time last year. Every emotion is the complete opposite: February 2012 was marked by loss, sadness, the fear that we weren't going to grow our family, the why's, the tears, the bit of depression, the sense of failure (I know I didn't fail but it was a very real emotion), and of course the physical pain. It couldn't be further from where we are now as I type with my 3 week old sleeping perfectly and peacefully and healthy right beside me. I've really reflected on this the past couple of days, which is good because it has kicked my feelings of joy and thanksgiving into overdrive. It also encourages me to focus on how good things can quickly follow the bad a lot of times. Even though it seems so impossible at the time. That period of time challenged my patience and trust that it's all in God's plan and that things would happen for us. It turns out that it actually worked best for ME that Grayson was a little bit older when we welcomed Walker into this family. I couldn't have understood this at the time but in in hind sight, everything happened when and how it was absolutely supposed to. I hope this encourages me to stay patient and trust in things the next time things don't go according to my plan! :)

I can actually prove that things are how they were always meant to be for this little family....

How can something so little be so big in our lives? And something so big for us be SO LITTLE? :)
Meant to be.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

What an encouraging post! So happy for you and your adorable family!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Elaine! :)