Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Beau's World

I thought you would be interested in Beau's recent adventures. He entertains me all the time and I wish I could follow him around with a camera. Of course, that would involve me quitting my job and traveling with him, which I'm okay with...but he isn't.

First, he has the ugliest, most inconvenient softball battle wound that has since become a member of our family (it happened 2 weeks ago). It's just Beau, Shelby, Me and the Scab. I know that's gross but you don't have to live with it. It's just below his left knee and he got it from sliding into second base. Twice. Ok, he fell. Twice. hehe.



Then, there was the morning he went duck hunting at 4am with his buddies. I, of course, didn't even know he left so I was more than amused when he arrived home in THIS!! There is another picture where he put Shelby in his pouch :-) I bet she would make a great hunting dog. Not really.



And finally, his latest project. A doggie ramp near the bed. I know it sounds ridiculous but the idea of never having to pick her up and put her down in the middle of the night or on Saturday mornings is exciting and a LUXURY. Plus, she thinks she can fly and likes to jump off. And b/c dachshunds aren't supposed to jump b/c of their sensitive (long) spines, it's important that we have it.

I had no idea Beau was planning a solution. This picture doesn't do it justice. Trust me, I was scared. Especially when he called and said he was building a dog ramp out of wood and carpet. Eeewwww. BUT, he is amazing and has since finished out the bottom, added nice trim and will paint it a mahogany satin finish. YAY! Shelby loooooves it :-) In fact, we can't get her off the bed. Ever. Well, except for that last photo!



3 comments:

Earlene said...

Wow, I wasn't aware of Beau's gift for carpentry. Shelby must be as delighted. As delighted as a dog can be!

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

I love how her little back legs are off the ground as she exits the ramp! hehehehe

Also, that scab is gross.

Stacey said...

I know! Her rear is higher than her head! I think it's just precious :-)