Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving - Austin-style!

This past Thanksgiving is now one of my favorite memories! My sisters, parents, Beau, Andrew and I all had such a wonderful time. Our Austin family on my grandmother's side opened up their home and annual Thanksgiving tradition to us and it was so cool to be a part of such a BIG day. There were about 50 people there and place settings in about every common area of the house! I will never forget it:-)

After the amazing, large lunch, we headed to the Texas/A&M game. Although we didn't get very far. On our walk down the crowded streets to Schulz's (we were getting our game faces on as my Dad likes to say), a woman in a motorized wheelchair ran over my sister's foot! Amanda was in flip-flops so it was extremely painful and it wasn't your typical wheelchair (think the Hoveround commercials). Thus, our stadium-climbing, game-watching family found ourselves headed back to the hotel to get Amanda off her feet 1 hour before the game. That being said, we had one of the most fun family game-watching events - right in our parents' hotel room! There was a living room and Jeff ordered some champagne up. We had a blast! Here is a picture from Friday, after the boys headed to lunch and the girls headed to shop the great Black Friday sales, we later headed out for Mexican food! I miss them all so much and can't wait until Christmas!! xoxo

No comments: