Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hello, Lover.....

I had a Carrie Bradshaw moment today. But the 2008 version. I can see that episode perfectly in my head - maybe b/c I have seen it 3,928 times - Carrie's expression through the store window as she spots the perfect shoe. She places her hands on the window and seductively says, "Hello, Lover". I experienced it today. But it was online. And it was a handbag. Well. It's my handbag now ;-)

I called the Galleria Nordstrom to see if they had it in store so I wouldn't have to wait for the shipment if I ordered online. Lauren (my new friend) said there wasn't a store in Texas that had it, which was fine. I just wouldn't have it for this weekend. Fine. Not 5 minutes later I went to "check out" on the website and I got a message saying the bag was no longer available!! Panic attack. Breathe. Think. Lauren! Call Lauren! My new friend got me 1 of the last 10 bags in the country! AND it's 50% off with Nordstrom 1/2 yearly sale, which is what got me in this mess in the first place. So, half off! Which is good b/c it aint cheap.

Now, you may be thinking 2 things. 1) Stacey, you always have Hello, Lover moments and 2) that bag isn't that great.

My answers 1) true, but it's been a while and 2) what do you know! ;-) But really, I have been looking for my black fall bag for quite some time and trust me, you know it when you see it!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

oh it IS beautiful!

Earlene said...

Um, I might have to have that one. If it's under $50! :-) You know how I am about bags.