Sunday, March 7, 2010

24 Week Update (or A Foot Long)

Shelby and Grayson may be the same length at this point and can both be considered foot longs! ;-) Anyway, I officially look pregnant and strangers aren't as scared to ask me if I'm pregnant. They also aren't afraid to STARE. I feel like a spectacle. Mainly b/c the stares aren't matched with joyous smiles but flat, stone-cold faces. I can forgive the children and men but what's up with women staring at me like that? Aren't we supposed to be some sisterhood of reproducers? Makes me wonder if I stared at pregos with a look of discomfort - no doubt, I was thinking it....And don't say that it's in my head b/c it's not! Beau has noticed it too.:)

Shelby is struggling with finding a new way to sleep on me on the couch. Gone are the days where she could lay on my stomach but it's not for the lack of effort! Poor girl. She's not happy. She actually tries to drape her body over the top of my belly - uncomfortable for both of us :-)



How your baby's growing:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
 

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Hey, those women are jealous because you are so much cuter pregnant than they are when they're not. And they can't figure out why you don't even look pregnant from the back.

Adorable photo - omg, there's a baby in there!!

Unknown said...

Aww thanks Mama! We were trying to get a pic of her draped across me but she sat up when the camera came out. She does NOT like the paparazzi.