Sunday, March 28, 2010

Might as well be a bullseye...

As with every new experience, there is just so much about pregnancy that I never knew about or could even dream up until I started going through it myself. I used to read articles and blogs and watch movies and you hear about the basics: bigger boobs, stretch marks, fatigue, back pain, etc. And even some of the less popular topics: that black line that runs down your tummy, feet swelling, outie belly button and saggy boobs (yeah, don't be fooled that "bigger boobs" mean perfectly shaped & lots of cleavage. Pssh). But there is just so much more wackiness that you don't hear about. I thought it best to include this article so that I don't have to tell you myself - don't worry not ALL women have ALL symptoms - some of these I just don't experience (yet)...but I'm including it b/c my biggest surprise made it as #1 in this article! It's just strange how tender my belly button is! And it wouldn't be such a big deal if Shelby wasn't climbing on me (I'm a big failure with that training I planned) or if I didn't have people POKING AT IT! Yes, friends, family and strangers, I had someone poke my belly button last night at a wedding and I thought I might die. Of course, I'm sure they don't know about this secret pregnancy symptom either, right?! And it's my fault for wearing a dress where the fleur de lis-like print was perfectly centered on my big belly (difficult-to-see pic below). Might as well have been a bullseye! So, I'm not mad at all just want to put it out there: a) don't poke at the prego and b) you just wait, when it's your turn I may just poke back ;-)



Next shocking revelation....restless leg syndrome. Not even kidding. I'll post about that after you have fully digested this post...

No comments: