Sunday, March 21, 2010

26 Week Update (or All Ears)

Depending on who you believe, I have 1 or 2 weeks left until my 3rd trimester! Babycenter says 2 weeks, my trusted book says next week marks the big moment. In any case, I just have it stuck in my head that feeling REALLY uncomfortable, tired and huge will hit day 1 like clockwork. Similar to all the first/second trimester transition stories I have heard - how headaches and nausea for others just suddenly stopped as they went into their 13th week - this is how I picture changes to the third. I just love how I've been feeling - I don't want it to come to an end! Oh well, I'm already feeling bigger than ever in the hips so bring it on!

P.S. I can't even imagine this baby moving any more or harder than he does now! I know it's coming but he needs to go easy on me. Isn't there a term for women who are hopelessly in love with their abuser? That's me ;-)

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Whoa! Some fruit comparison expert was feeling a little adventurous when they came up with the 26th fruit! An English Hothouse Cucumber?! Fun!














Here's another treat for you - an update on what we suspect Baby Gray looks like. Funny, he doesn't LOOK like a boxer.....

1 comment:

Earlene said...

I'm so excited! I love him already!!