Monday, November 7, 2011

Some small updates to the home

I blogged a while back about our work-in-progress master bedroom here. We are still loving our new bed and it's feeling much more cozy in there already. However, that giant horse picture screamed "move me into the office!" Before we did that though, I needed to figure out exactly what I wanted to do on that wall. I toyed with framing some unique prints from Etsy or even the pretty printed paper from Paper Source like these. I still love these ideas but couldn't pass up the opportunity to personalize it a bit :) So, I had Grayson whip up some paintings - true works of art from our adorable 16 month old! 


Some observations now that I'm looking at the photos:


1) The colors are off :/ I must be terrible at editing. Bah.
2) The middle "painting" will be brought down to where they are all even across but Beau has some patchwork to do from the GIANT HORSE that once looked over us as we slept. 
3) The frames were an impulse purchase a while back but looking at them, I should have gone a size bigger. However, with my sister's help, I've decided to go big and dramatic with new lamps eventually so hopefully this size will be perfect when all is said and done. :)



The colors blend with the bedding: blue, orange, yellow, camel.
They're pretty cute up close - all are little Grayson paint strokes!
The living room has two new pieces of furniture that I'm so, so happy about! Finally some place to set down that glass of wine milk. And that empty pint of ice cream because the trash can is SO. FAR. AWAY. 
Hmmm, I'm talking about the new trunk-as-a-coffee-table.
Jury's out on why I didn't zoom in. 
One man's trash....my mom donated this awesome
pedestal table to the Reynolds Living Room fund.
One random trip to Lowe's later, and I came home with an uber-cheap base
for my homeless lamp shade. There is no substitution to moody lamp light!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Love it! We have a coffee table trunk and its great for storing extra stuff - like DVDs, games and throw blankets.

Unknown said...

I'm really liking it! We should have done it a while back. And you're right, I've already found a pair of my jeans in the trunk (ahem, GRAYSON) so it IS great for storing things! ;)