Sunday, September 11, 2011

The New Bedroom!

I have always, always, always wanted a "finished" looking bedroom! The kind you see in magazines or on the increasingly-popular website, Pinterest. I am so close to being there and thought I would document our progress! As I have mentioned in just about every post recently, we upgraded to a king bed, which leaves you with a lot of decisions to make and even more expenses. Sheets, comforter, bed frame, blankets, argh. As though the mattress isn't enough! 


Warning: I absolutely know the worst time to take pictures is when there is no natural light so OF COURSE I took these this morning before the sun really came out. When will I learn?


Beau and I went searching for sheets the day the mattress was delivered and came across Clearance bedding that was actually pretty awesome! Score. I have been looking at bedding online for months with no success so I was shocked when I saw something I had to have that was like 60% off. 
Not only do I love the colors but the watermarked background print 
adds a little something extra.
A few weeks ago, I came across a heavily discounted upholstered headboard AND frame. Another thing for which I had been online shopping but everything was so pricey. This is absolutely what I was looking for!! Another 60% off and only $50 to ship!

Next up: Removing the framed art above the bed. It doesn't fit up there anymore nor does it match. I will also add some throw pillows later (Beau can hardly stand it! Men LOVE throw pillows!) and then an area rug and drapes. That is all a little daunting. I'm thinking about making the drapes since there are 4 windows and it could save money. We have an awesome fabric store near us so wish me luck! 
I want to do a collage of family photos on that wall to the left. Too much?
More to come on this but since I'm not Young House Love and Z Gallerie and Lamps Plus aren't paying me to blog, it may be a while! :D







No comments: