Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DIY Drapes

The next step in the whole wanting-a-completed-looking-bedroom project is window coverings. We have 4 windows in our bedroom, which the sheer # of them has led me to avoid them altogether (at $40-80 a panel + 4 rods....no thanks). But, my favorite DIY bloggers, Young House Love take you step by step on no-sew drapes. What's that, no sewing?! And they are a fraction of the price? AND there are tons more print and fabric options? Okay, I'm in....for now.


Now that we have our bedding to guide the color scheme, I have decided to bring out the two shades of orange that you can barely see here (it shows better in the pics below). There's a lot of distance between this small amount of orange and my windows so throw pillows will be needed down the road to pull it all together. 


I first want to say that I have little experience with decorating, putting prints and colors together, let alone knowing fabrics. However, after visiting the fabric store, I could get into all this! I've never been in a store that is solely dedicated to fabrics. HEAVEN! I want to cover every surface in my house with the fun stuff I came across! Oh, maybe the dogs need new beds!! We'll couch (can I re-cover my couches?!) that subject for later. (Oh! Maybe I can make the throw pillows?!)


I will soon consult my expert-in-all-things-decorating sister, Andrea, but PLEASE interject if I'm heading down the wrong road. I'm just picking things I like and have yet to figure out what hangs best, looks best, etc....and pre-apologies for terrible iphone pics...




I now think this isn't really my style...
So this isn't orange but it brings out that other gold color,
which is kind of fun! 
I still have plans to go down to the decorating district and shop more and also start off with a practice panel so you have time to give me your thoughts on all of this! More to come!


1 comment:

Jon and Valerie said...

Fun! I think I like the yellow the best...