Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy 15 months, Grayson!

You are officially walking! Right at 14 months, you decided that it was more fun than crawling. Even though you took your first steps a couple of months ago!
Umm, why do you look like you're EIGHT years old here?!
In size 4 diapers, 18-24 month clothes, and your 5 1/2 wide shoes are getting snug.


Sleeping 11 hours a night: 7:30pm to 6:30am.


STILL taking 2 naps a day BUT I am happy to say that you are showing signs of going to one (with a LOT of help from me :) ). This is a ROUGH transition. All of your friends are down to 1 nap so it will be nice to be on their schedule so that we can go to more events and play dates. :)


You have been SCREAMING for no reason. Not an "upset, distressed" scream but an "exercising your lungs" scream and there is nothing I can do to get you to stop. It's highly annoying!


You still love a thrill! Spinning, swinging, moving fast - all preferably while hanging upside down - is your favorite time! Makes Mama dizzy but I'd do anything for that face of PURE JOY!


You stopped putting things in your mouth a couple of months ago, which has been nice. Your new obsession is remotes and kitchen gadgets. You can now reach into the tall kitchen drawers and pull things out! You can imagine my surprise when a knife-wielding toddler waddled to the other side of the kitchen island where I was standing. They aren't kidding when they say that you can't take your eyes off a child for a SECOND!


Continuing on that note....you get into and onto everything! I do my best to keep doors closed behind me, the dog bowls picked up and the doggie door closed but it only takes once! If I forget to close the pantry door, you will be in to the saran wrap, trash and dog food so fast! Tonight, I found you marinating the mail in the dogs' water bowl and we have lost 2 (very nice) remotes to the dog bowl AND the toilet. Any time you go missing, I know to look in the backyard b/c now that you are RUNNING, you can get out the doggie door before I can even realize that I forgot to shut the door to the bedroom. You can also now climb onto the kitchen counter (via the sofa) and any other surface...

You can imagine my surprise when I came back
from the restroom...ON your play table.

You now have 6 teeth and can eat anything we do (minus spicey foods of course). You love turkey dogs, chicken, sweet potatoes, brocoli, ALL fruit and all snacks! Animal crackers, graham crackers, teddy grahams, etc. You are a BIG eater! Food driven for sure and your average breakfast is a large banana, 2 eggs, cut up strawberries, cantaloupe and blueberries and then you will pull on my shorts while I eat my cinnamon toast. Which I end up giving you. That's A LOT of food!
Pay no mind to the mis-matched Halloween PJs in September.
It's laundry day.
Other things you love: bath time, water hoses, playing and walking, exploring new things and places and crawling in bed with Dada in the mornings. Going up and down, up and down your slide and the stairs at Mimi and Pop's house. 
Your new viking hooded-towel :) Bath time is a guaranteed
tantrum when it's time to get out. You loooooove the water.


Taking a break from Mimi's stairs.

You are finally starting to pay attention to your books, puzzles, nesting toys, etc. It's so cute to watch you grow up :)
Sitting in your chair and playing at the table.
It's the little things, right? ;)
 


"Reading" on your own :)
Words: Mama, Dada, Uh-oh (SO cute!), Bonsai (don't ask, that's ALL your Pop), Nana (I think this is quickly becoming "No"). You blow kisses and make kissing sounds when we tell you to. I'm in love! 


Okay, I think THIS is my favorite time of your life! It can't get any better, right?!

Happy 15 months, sweet child o' mine! We love you with our whole hearts!

No comments: