Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Winning Combination!

I have complained for years about neck and back pain. I have always felt older than my years but chalked it up to not having much exercise in my routine and a relatively poor diet (quiz me on combo meal #s from any drive thru. I dare you.) However! Recently, a few things  happened to fall in place all at once and I feel like a new person! In no particular order....


Comforpedic Bed - We FINALLY got that King bed I have been dreaming about for years! Nearly EVERY single person we polled about mattresses said hands down Tempurpedic for back pain. Long story short - we went with this Conforpedic, which is apparently very similar just doesn't sleep as hot (VERY important to Beau) and it's about a grand cheaper (important to me). Done. 
Can not WAIT to report back on our new headboard/frame
that arrives TOMORROW! (picture pulled from google)
Tempurpedic pillow - It never occurred to me to buy new pillows but the sales lady threw in a couple of these gems for free. Beau and I didn't even realize we were missing something so crucial for sleeping! It's one of those weird shaped, contoured-to your shoulder/neck/head that looks like a wave. Here's a picture...
That's not me but I'm just as content :) (again, googled pic)
Re-discovered my NTI mouthguard - I talked about this thing here (below the picture). I used to wear it here and there when I remembered. Lost it for a while, Beau found it under the bed, lost it again, never traveled with it, etc. But then a light bulb went off in my head a while back when my sister Amanda was telling me that if she doesn't wear hers at night, she wakes up with the stiffest neck due to clenching her teeth all night long. BINGO! My neck pain could be from that too - it makes sense after all. So I've been wearing it every night for 3 weeks now. It's a beautiful thing. 
Goodness, you can find anything on the internet!
And last, I finally agreed to go see a chiropractor after years of passionately being against them. I was having some pretty intense pain - a concentrated spot in my lower back that just FELT like it needed to be adjusted. I can't explain it. Anyway, I can tell you that I'm a firm believer now! I can't believe I walked around for so many years being so misaligned. I have never felt better!


Altogether, I wake up in the mornings feeling refreshed and looking forward to the day. I get going so much quicker with zero neck or back pain. I can just imagine that, with a little bit of exercise added in, I may just feel 25 again ;) I recommend any and all of these things to anyone - reach out to me if you have any questions!

No comments: