Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Recap

It has been so long since I have posted! We had such a wonderful time in Corpus for Christmas!! I was there for 6 days and 5 nights and it flew by! I miss my time there so much and really feel as though I was meant to be a Paris Hilton-jetseter-type who can see her family & friends whenever she wants.

Christmas Eve and Day at my parents' house was more special than ever for several different reasons. They are amazing how they pull together all the amazing food and decorations so effortlessly. I hope to one day be able to do it all the way they can ;-)

Beau surprised me by flying in a day early!! He was supposed to arrive Friday, the 26th but instead came in Christmas day. Well, it was more nighttime and he surprised my parents too! Jeff turned in especially early that night since he spent 2 days "slaving over the stove" as he likes to say! My mom and I were cuddled up on the couch getting ready to watch Mamma Mia! when the doorbell rang. Mama went to check the peep hole and no one was there. Not a car, not a person. This spurred a 5 minute frenzy of the two of us running to different windows peaking outside to see who it could possibly be. My parents don't have visitors after dark, especially ones that jsut drop by. Why didn't we wake up Jeff? He's wondering the same thing but I can tell you it didn't even cross our minds. Long story short, Beau left a gift for me at the front door and once I opened it, I knew it was him! He came around the side of the house relieved that Jeff didn't meet him outside with a shotgun! I wish I had video of my mom and I scurrying around. We are so funny together :-)

The weekend was full of wedding stuff! From cakes to guest books to center pieces to decor to wedding crashing to music, we were very busy! Crashing the wedding was especially memorable. We wanted to see a wedding at the Cathedral where we are getting married. It was beautiful! They had the full choir and the Christmas decorations truly made it special. Oh yeah, and the SEVEN priests!! We don't know who they were but they were someone very important in the Catholic church!

Other highlights: seeing Robert Earl Keen w/ great friends, getting to spend more time than usual with my sisters, Beaut meeting my bio-dad, spending time with my Ma (she was a wedding crasher, also!), eating at Whataburger, Water Street and La Playa, Mama's homemade scones for breakfast, her homemade sugar cookies, and every other waking moment of the trip.

Overall, it was a perfect week and we are really looking forward to going back in 2 weeks for our Corpus shower!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

We saw Robert Earl Keen too...twice! At the House of Blues in Dallas and then at Gruene Hall for New Years. He puts on such a fun show!

Glad you had such a fun Christmas and that wedding plans are going well! I loved the planning stuff after the vendors were chosen - it got fun!