Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wedding Bands - Not the dancing kind!

Beau and I shopped for wedding bands today! I don't know why I put an exclamation point behind that sentence - it was neither exciting nor eventful! It was actually not like I expected it to be - more stressful than anything. It's difficult to shop for something that will be with you at all times (think about it - there is nothing else a part of you like a wedding band) and represent the greatest thing that has happened to you. I say difficult b/c I just want to make sure I love it forever and there are SO many options these days. As I have mentioned before, I don't do very well with a lot of options :-) That being said I'm pretty sure I found my ring! It's beautiful and the more I think about it away from the store, the more I fall in love with it!

Beau had a difficult time as well but for different reasons. I think it's tough for a lot of men who have never worn jewelry in the past to suddenly walk into a store and be excited about rings! I guess everyone is different but Beau actually had a tougher time than I had imagined. It's a big decision and of course none of them "felt right" b/c he has never worn rings before. Again, now that we have been out of the store for a while and have had time to think about it, he is leaning toward the last band he tried on, a classic white gold band.

I'm glad this portion of the planning process is almost out of the way - it just means we are that much closer to the big day! 4 1/2 months to go!

No comments: