Sunday, October 4, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since I was in the Coronation. It REALLY doesn't feel like it's been that long and I can't believe how time flies. My mom scanned my portrait and sent it to me today, which is why I'm having such a random flashback. :-) It is one my favorite memories and very similar to the planning and excitement of a wedding - even the 4 or so days of events. I'm so appreciative of my parents for giving me such a great gift and I will never forget the whole experience! I LOVED my dress and still look forward to going to my parents house and spending time with it :-) Of course my mom has it on display! I still can't believe the amount of detail and work that went into the making of it. The fittings were some of my favorite times - getting to see the progress of it was really cool. And you can't tell here but the dress is quite stunning under good lighting - in fact, all of the Coronation dresses are. Maybe one day my daughter will get the opportunity! :-)

Duchess of the Egyptian Emerald - 2000 Coronation

No comments: