Sunday, April 11, 2010

29 Weeks (or I love Butternut Squash in my belly!)

I really do love butternut squash-anything and now Grayson is being compared to it - what a treat! Beau and I have to really stop and look at each other these days and say, "Um. Hey. In 2 1/2 months, we will have a BABY. In this house. OURS. Forever." It's still so surreal and I don't even think we get it yet!! Here is something else I was slow to realize until today (in the form of a story)...

Stranger: "When are you due?!"
Me: "June 26th. It still feel so far away!"
Stranger: "Do you have your nursery ready?!"
Me: "Yes! Well, wait. I did. But now everything has to be moved out b/c our floors have to be torn up."

I'll spare you the blabbing that ensued about the water heater busting, the damaged floors, etc. Poor stranger. Anyway, this conversation led me to realize that everything we have put together and organized now has to be pulled back out of that room (& closet) to re-do the floors and then we kind of need to start all over. :-( At least Beau doesn't need to reassemble the furniture! It's frustrating to make progress and scratch things off your list and then have to do it all over again. But it could be worse - it could ALWAYS be worse! I'm just excited we picked out all the new carpet and tile that will bring that side of the house back to 100%. Even better than before! I will post before and after pics when we get going!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Your water heater "burst". I'm calling the English Department at IWA. Surely, they have an enforcement division!

Unknown said...

ugh - whatever! I'm in better grammar shape than 90% of the population! I like "busted"!