Saturday, April 17, 2010

30 Week Update

70 more days (+/- of course)! I'm still feeling great although I feel like I'm running on a treadmill when I talk to people these days - I'm SO out of breath! It's embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, I'm apparently quite the sweater. Especially in business meetings. Especially when I'm speaking and all attention is on me. This surprises me b/c I've always been the cold one donning a cardigan indoors even when its 106 outside so shedding clothes and perspiration are not my style! No complaints here since this pregnancy has been a breeze and I still can't relate when moms ask me about heartburn (whew!). I'm also sporting a fine case of restless leg syndrome (I've told you about this but it's gotten worse) and I am officially having Braxton Hicks contractions. We begin our classes next Saturday kicking off a month of education with a breastfeeding class....honestly, we aren't excited. I'll have a full report of any inappropriate jokes Beau makes or awkward moments I have - we're quite entertaining in these situations ;-)

We bought our glider and ottoman and it's SO comfy - typing in it as we speak!Why is it in the living room? Oh, because it's been 5 weeks since the water heater damage and we still haven't had the back of the house repaired! BUT, the flooring order has been placed and we are hoping to have all floors repaired within the next 1 1/2 weeks. THEN, we can set up the nursery! .....again! :-)













How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
 

1 comment:

theseemanfamily said...

I have to tell you...when we took our birthing classes at the hospital, I was by far the most immature one there, laughing at everything :)