Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Storm of 2011

Wowza! We are going into Day 3 of this crazy weather that has swept the better part of the nation! It looks different from region to region but the news streams non-stop with images from 20+ inches of snow in places like New York and Chicago down into the midwest and then plenty of ICE here in DFW. It's not even pretty! We don't even have snow covering the grass. But there's enough ice to close down just about every school district in North Texas, make the streets undriveable and close down almost every restaurant, business and Super Bowl event! Of course the Steelers and Packers players are no doubt wondering what all the fuss is about! Even the schools in South Texas are closed for the next two days - crazy!

Beau has been home the past two days with Grayson and me and, while I loved having him home, we are all getting cabin fever! Today brought random electricity outages (we had about 6 at our house) and our low was 10 degrees (wind chill of -4)! Beau really wants to go into work tomorrow - so does everyone else gauging by my Facebook newsfeed! I was daydreaming of getting out of the house tomorrow as well but we received word that all major school districts are closed AGAIN tomorrow, which means most everything else will be shut down too.

This is how boring it looks! But it's super dangerous. My parents can't even get out of their front door due to 2 inches of solid ice.
As for Grayson, it's business as usual. :) He's now pulling up every chance he gets, which stresses me out because he's not as good at standing as he is at pulling up! But this look of pride that he gets is SO worth it! :)
 Isn't he beautiful?! Takes my breath away...

2 comments:

Miss Nikki said...

I feel like I live in another country or something - we are in the 80's and I contemplated going to the beach yesterday. I think this time next year you and Grayson need to plan to come visit Aunt Nikki ;-)

Unknown said...

TOTALLY. And if you ever have hurricane scares, you can come to us! We can be each other's vacation home....although my "vacation home" will be much cooler than yours here in Frisco, TX ;-)