Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We Don't Celebrate Valentine's Day

I've said this before. But I woke up seeing red! In a good way, of course. So I found 1 of 2 things in Grayson's closet that is remotely red and then pulled out some old magazines for some good old fashion cutting and pasting. It felt good getting back to my 2nd grade self!





Later, I celebrated V-Day like anyone would, with a trip to the dentist. My overly-convinced this-is-a-stupid-holiday self scheduled this appointment on 2/14 b/c it's just like any other day after all. However, my spirited-V-day-morning self was kicking, well, myself. So there I was pouting that I was in a dentist chair on a romantic holiday that we "don't celebrate" laid out with that paper strapped around my neck and a dentist and hygienist camped out in my mouth when...wait for it....Beau walks in! WITH A NEW iPHONE4! My handsome hubby left his office to bring me the phone that I have wanted FOREVER. Cue an office full of women SWOONING. Best dentist visit EVA! 


That morning, with my new V-day spirit, I planned a homemade dinner that Beau didn't know about...nothing fancy by any means. In fact, I didn't even have to go to the store. Impressed?! ;-)


 Heart-shaped sweet potatoes. I'd like to just say that they were amazing....and a heart-shaped chicken breast - total coincidence...but I will always cut into chicken to make sure it's cooked. Lest we forget that silly little food poisoning episode.
And heart-shaped brownies. :) 


After dinner, we headed off to a new church group that is coming together. We were THRILLED when we arrived to see the two couples that were at our table in the Starting Point class (Church membership class)...we all got along so well and are all really looking forward to taking this journey together. More on our church goings-on at a later time...


And there you have it, a holiday we "don't celebrate", which is starting to look like one full of deceiving each other!  We just agreed to begin celebrating it instead of resisting. After all, it was easy to be against it when it was just the 2 of us and every evening could be a romantic dinner out with wine. Nowadays, notsomuch.


Bye bye!

1 comment:

Earlene said...

Never a dull moment with your little family! Love all of the photos, especially the last one. :-)

(How'd you craft that chicken breast into a heart shape, Martha?)