Thursday, September 19, 2013

House Progress: Cabinets and Stairs!

Earlier this week, I was happy to see that the house had it's tape and bedding and texturing all completed! I didn't expect anything else to happen this week since our builder has been moving like molasses. Also, all I really had to go on was the progress of the house down the street that is 2 weeks ahead of us (based on my very unprofessional estimate). But alas, we are catching up! Yesterday, I took Grayson over to the neighborhood to have a picnic in the car and watch the other houses being built (they are at framing so it's fun to watch). So imagine my surprise when I saw this delivery truck in our backyard as we were leaving! 


Delivering cabinets!
So once again, I was completely content with the delivery of cabinets since the BIG statement the builder keeps communicating to us is that completion is 60 days after cabinet install. And b/c we were hopeful for a November 15th close date and Sept 15th came and went without cabinets (you followin' me?), I was pretty anxious and sad earlier this week. But again, stoked that we were at least in the presence of cabinets ;)

And then my friend Lori texted last night saying that various vans and workers had been at our house until dark! That was big news! So I went by today to check progress and couldn't believe my eyes. We have cabinets INSTALLED! And a staircase and banisters! That's a lot of exclamation points but I really expected them to drag their feet and I'm very pleased that they didn't. That means that mid-Novemeber may be a possibility - woo hoo!

Kitchen cabinets!

The island and bar
Butler's Pantry
The making of a wood staircase
The beginnings of the banisters
Based on the series of events for our neighbor's house, next will be all hardwood floors, baseboards, door trim, crown molding and any other wood work I can't think of. Then, paint and stain. That's all I have for now!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love your stairs! Congrats lady - everything looks beautiful! Ok I love your kitchen too :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ashley! It's finally starting to make sense why we turned our lives upside down and are living in hotels! ;)