Monday, September 30, 2013

House Progress: Stain and a lil Customer Service!

This past weekend, Beau captured my eagerness best when he said, "I can't believe you're loading us all up to go watch beige paint dry." Ha! Well, it's true. There is nothing exceptional about our wall paint or going to actually see it in person but I'm just so excited to see all the changes. (That said, they only got around to taping this weekend - still no paint.) Here are some of the latest....

The wood detail is all complete. Not to say that they won't have to come back in and fix it all b/c if there is one thing that all these work crews are good at is screwing up each other's work!




Both of the pics above are of the dining room.  
And now we have stain. Not sure if they do another coat or gloss over it but it will look darker than this. Maybe it's just the light with my camera phone too...
Master Bath - If this were my dream home, the master bath would be a lot closer to the size of our old one!
Good thing I never bought a vanity seat. :)
Standing in living room
Fireplace - I saw a grown man standing on this thing so I'm confident it can handle all my Christmas swag! ;)
Floors are taped for painters!
Neighbors got their granite in over the weekend so we should have that next week or so. 

We actually heard from the builder yesterday! He sent over the priced and signed change order for my 10 or so upgrades/changes that we added over a month ago. They're tiny little things but it feels good to have it in writing, signed, priced, AND the building supervisor was on the email so I now know he's in the loop. I met a woman over the weekend who is building a K. Hov home in Frisco and she is having the same poor customer service. It made me feel a little better and we both agreed that, in this market, they're not going to be as attentive b/c they're busier than ever and most builders are delayed, which makes delivering bad news tough. Doesn't make it right though. :)

Fingers crossed for a little paint, countertops and brick in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: