Thursday, October 3, 2013

Things I Love Thursdays!

It's been a while, eh?

These are things filling my heart these days....

Bible Study - I was invited to attend a Bible Study at Hope Fellowship and started it this week. I don't know if this makes sense but I feel positive that I am 100% where I'm supposed to be right now. The ladies at my table and the bible study specifically have been put in my life at the most perfect time and for good reasons, some I'm sure I don't even know about yet. My heart is full and hopeful and I'm encouraged and excited to grow my prayer life and that of my family! Grayson knows about God and prays every day (his night time prayers are SO cute!) but I want him to KNOW Him. Anyway, I'm excited for the things to come!
I'm loving Priscilla's videos. Just about everything that comes out of her mouth speaks to me!
Walker's smiles and belly laughs - Oops. I just realized he was 8 months yesterday and I had no intention of doing a milestone blog post. Coming right up (yeah right!). 

This was taken at 5:30am. He smiles ALL the time.
My parents' generosity - Y'ALL. There are no words for their kindness and selflessness. Their beautiful dining room has turned into a make-shift storage unit, there are toys and clothes covering their usually-spotless house. Crumbs and spills on a kitchen floor that used to be so clean that you could eat from them (and sometimes Walker does). We have turned their house upside down from a 2-person dwelling to 6 and have added 2 extra vehicles. And a fridge and gun safe. And they haven't complained ONCE. They have saved us a lot of stress, tears and money and we will never be able to repay them!

My wedding dress, lamp shades and spices/teas cover their table. Safe to say they won't be entertaining for a while. :)
Fall - All that this brings: cooler temps, Fall clothing, football, the holidays, family and a busier and more joyful time. I love, love, love this season!

The progress being made on our house right now. There have been workers there just about every day for weeks. Even Saturdays. But I know after paint, there is a real possibility that it will sit idle again. Our neighbor's house hasn't been touched since the painters finished and granite went in a week ago and the builder has mentioned delays with brick and tile. Praying for no more delays and have loved seeing the activity over there! The houses around ours all have their pumpkins out and front doors decorated and I only wish we were moved in and could join them! :)
Latest progress: primer!

Kitchen drawers galore! Oh, and the tub is in.
Girl Time - Until recently, I experienced few breaks away from parenting and have had the chance to feel just how truly exhausting it is. I have a great respect for women who don't have family or help nearby. Like most of the out-of-state girls in my play group! We cherish our time together when we do get out, especially when it's kid free! Last night was sushi at Sake Toro and drinks and karaoke at Lemon Bar. 

A gentleman sent over a round of shots that no one drank. Thoughtful gesture but we've got kids to take care of!
Beau and Grayson time - Watching these two bond as Grayson gets older is so fun to see. Grayson adores his Daddy and as he becomes more and more of a chatter box, it's really cool to hear their conversations. When they're awake, that is! ;)
Snuggles in the hotel room. Gray likes to sleep shirtless just like his Dad :)
He's a terrific Daddy!

No comments: