Friday, October 25, 2013

House Progress: A Busy Week!

This has been a busy week over on Heather Brook Lane! They are finishing up brick as I type so I'll have a better picture of the front later. But so far...

Brick - I know I left off with a 1/2 bricked house but here's some more. We had them halt brick when I realized how little stone would be on the front. They tried their best to get more hauled in but it just didn't work with our timing. Bummer. I'm mad at myself for not asking about this sooner. It will look nice regardless but just not what I envisioned. Oh well!

Scaffolding is up.

Back and one side complete. I used to drive past homes like this and think I would NEVER have a house with no windows! My house would be ALL windows! Welll, among the kitchen, jack and jill bath, media room and the rooms on the ends that look out to front and back, this makes sense now. And of course, not wanting to look at our future neighbors who will one day live feet away from us (sigh). Live and learn.
Stone arrived for (minimal!) exterior ;) and fireplace.
Kitchen sink - arrived and has been installed! It's still covered up to dry and protect it but I was there when they were doing it and it's exactly what I hoped it would! :) It's a charcoal color single-basin granite sink. I think it will fit well in that kitchen.

Hardwood floors have been hand scraped and stained! Scraped the wrong way but they still look great! We ordered against the grain and they did with. Things could be worse, right? This picture was taken through a filthy window since they locked the doors over the 24 hours of dry time.

Hardware - Sink and shower hardware went in! I went back and forth between oil rubbed bronze and chrome. I even ordered one, switched and then switched back. They love me at the Design Center. ;) Anyway, had I known they would goof and put our silver-specked quartz in the bathrooms, I would have chosen the alternative but this works too. Overall, we're happy!

Our sales guy is hoping for a Nov 15th close date but is certain we'll be in before Thanksgiving. I guess that's all I can ask for at this point. We are looking forward to going back by this evening to see brick all finished!

No comments: