Thursday, October 10, 2013

House Progress: Counters & Corbels

Countertops: This isn't quite the "big reveal" some fancy shmancy blogger may have but but I'm not fancy nor are you here for shmancy. :) The counters were a split second decision when Andrea and I were in Design Center and none of their dozens of granite samples were quite white enough. The Designer casually asked, "What about quartz?" Neither of us had an opinion until she said she had a sample just arrive and BINGO. Done. Selected. On to the next decision. Just like that. It happened so fast, in fact, that I questioned the decision up until I saw them installed. I would go back regularly and look at the picture I took of the sample wondering if I had made a mistake. But I do love them!  They were the same Level that I was looking at for granite so no pricing surprises and quartz is equally/more durable and never have to be sealed. Sold. 

They still have their protective plastic on them and these are phone pics with no overheard lighting but here they are:
They still need to cut for the sink on the island once it arrives. 
Stovetop someday!
So a bonus: the builder got our order wrong and actually put the nice quartz counters in all the bathrooms too. I had just ordered the standard white bathroom counters so this is a perk. I think they look fine and will add a little extra to the bathrooms...

Again, plastic covering but you can kind of see the silver flecks that I fell in love with.
The boys' bathroom
Speaking of builder errors (no, they haven't fixed my pink island :) ), I came in and saw my pretty gray cabinets pulled out from the butler's pantry and new cabinets installed that have a cut-out for a wine fridge. Yes, a wine fridge would be awesome if a) we wanted to buy one and b) if this area was wired to plug one in. This change order was meant for the house down the street so not sure what they're going to do. Either way is going to cost the builder money so it's up to them. If they leave it with the wine fridge hole, they need to come back and wire for it and hopefully, we can move the old cabinets to the utility room so they aren't a complete waste. Oh, and then I guess we need to throw a wine fridge on the list of things needed! Sheesh!
Whaaaa?!
Abandoned and alone.

Corbels: These little cuties showed up sometime this week or last. I was hoping they would appear (wasn't sure if they came with this floor plan) and I think they add a nice touch to the houses in the 'hood that have them. So yay!

No comments: