Thursday, October 17, 2013

House Progress: Tile and Backsplash!

We are on a roll! Or they are on a roll, I guess I should say. ;) 
This week....the island was painted the correct color:
It was darker at the last house but I like it just the same.
Tile was placed....

And grouted.

Dusty but you get it.
And best of all, backsplash! I have so been looking forward to this. Mostly with loads of anxiety that they would get the herringbone pattern right. But with one quick "drop what you're doing and meet us NOW" call from the builder yesterday and a brief walk through with the lead tile guy (oh and a whole "take a picture of the layout and sign your life away"), we were off to the races!
I'm loving how it turned out!
This is with setting sun natural light so I'm excited to see it when the lights are installed.
Last update: ceiling fans! Random yes, but it's progress. I'll take it! No other fixtures have been installed yet but good to see these babies, nonetheless. I'm not a huge ceiling fan-user. I'm happy with one in the master bedroom only but these are nice too I guess. :)

Wasn't expecting a fan in the game room but I like it!
Next up: I'm assuming more fixtures, toilets and probably the A/C stuff. The neighbor's house had their stone fireplace put in today and bricking is resuming after a 4 day delay due to rain! So, hopefully stone and brick work will happen for us soon as well!

No comments: