Friday, October 4, 2013

House Progress: Pink Island (I'm not kidding)

Beau and I headed over to the house today to see the paint progress. We were pleasantly surprised to see a) it was completed, all taped tarps were removed and all of their tools were gone and b) we loved how it turned out! We were not pleasantly surprised to see that the island was painted PINK! Who does that?! Why didn't they call me just to confirm that yes, I'm crazy enough to want my island pink (which I would have then corrected them!).

Pink and gray would be perfect if this was a nursery.
Cabinets are SW Dorion Gray; Island will be a darker Gauntlet Gray
They'll be out to fix it but in the meantime, I can't tell you how relieved I am that the gray turned out so well. Not sure if I have said this here, but all they (the 2 guys who work for the builder) have told me is that knotty alder wood is not paint grade and that I wouldn't be happy with it. That it's supposed to be stained to feature the character of the wood and then they promptly made me pay for it up front so that if we don't close for any reason, they can tear out my cabinets and start over. THAT'S how confident they were that I would hate them. So I didn't listen and Andrea and I continued with picking out grays :) I am thrilled that they did such a good job puttying the knots and dark spots! I actually think it turned out better than our gray kitchen of yester-year. :)

No knots!



And of course my beige walls. I know most people think beige is boring but try having a buttery cream color all over (our last house) and beige starts to seem clean and crisp! 



 Master bath ready for countertops.
This is the stain the builder wanted us to use in the kitchen. I do love it but wanted a light kitchen.
I may have already posted this one...
Hopefully pictures of counters and an un-pink island to follow next week!

No comments: