Sunday, November 14, 2010

Grayson is 5 Months!

Grayson is now 5 months and I feel like a broken record always talking about how much he's growing up and how active he wants to be. He is reaching for things now - everything - from my hair and glasses to menus and salt shakers on the dinner table! He's fast too - I'm still not trained to look out for it yet! 


He is drooling like crazy from teething but still no teeth yet. He usually always has at least 2 fingers in his mouth. We know it's a rough day when all 5 fingers make it in. :( 


Weight: 18.56 lbs (87th percentile)
Height: 26.75 inches (84th percentile)
Head: 17.5 inches (85th percentile)


Everywhere we go, we get comments on what a big baby he is so I was surprised to see the 80th percentiles - what do the babies in the 90s look like?! Ha! Overall, the ped said everything looks great and commented on Grayson's strength after he grabbed ahold of the doctor's two fingers and pulled himself up with minimal help from the doc. We really do have a stander/mover/shaker on our hands!


We are still working with the same solids as before - avocado and rice cereal. I'm introducing sweet potatoes this week. He's still waking up at least once a night. If he wakes up any more than that, we give him the pacifier and just rub his belly until he goes back asleep. No additional feedings. We are now putting him to sleep awake and having him sooth himself to sleep. It's really working out quite well! This is also how he goes down for naps now, which is still about 3x a day. 


Grayson is starting to notice the other babies in our play group but he isn't ready to reach for them or anything. It's really entertaining to watch the progress of a baby. Everything is so new and exciting in his world. :) I'm just glad I get to be here to see it all. 


I don't have any spectacular 5 month photos so once again, a video of giggles! 




Okay, I take that back. Here's a quick pic I just snapped of my boys on the floor. Grayson is almost the size of his playmat :)

No comments: