Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Average Night

A few months ago I blogged about what a dream Grayson was with a sleep time routine. I talked about how we put him down and he soothes himself to sleep. I may have even mentioned that he was sleeping through the night. I can't even remember those days! Ever since Grayson has been able to stand in his crib, and especially since he has started cruising in it, he has been up in the night (sometimes twice) and some mornings he's up at 5:30am. He's still learning to get back down once he stands up so I'm hoping that once he masters that, he will learn to soothe himself to sleep again. Right now, he's just "stuck" standing and crying it out isn't an option. This is what I find in the middle of the night and in the early mornings...


Two things about this video:
1) the green thing in the bottom right corner is the battery icon for the monitor so I'm not sure what he's grabbing at behind the crib :)
2) this video shouldn't be this long. you certainly don't need to watch the whole thing :) 





I just don't know how working moms do it! I have complete respect for women who can be up a couple times a night and be productive during the day. I find myself going through the motions and really psyching myself up to do basic things around the house. Hair and make-up are a distant memory. 


No doubt it gets better but then it will probably be time start thinking about #2. I may never sleep again! 

No comments: