Thursday, August 11, 2011

Consignment Sales - My New Hobby

Why didn't I know about these little HUGE gems before I had Grayson?! Gently used baby EVERYTHING in one massive space just waiting for my cheap little hands to give them a new home. I think before your first baby, you go through this whole "I want everything new and clean and expensive" phase. I remember it and I get it. BUT it's so silly since a) most things get barely any use out of them and b) a lot of the things at the sales still have tags on them or have only been used a couple of times. Strollers, crib bedding, large toys - all can be pricey - and here it all sits at a fraction of the price!


I look forward to going to the BIG one in Plano at the end of August. Everyone is buzzing about it - I feel so stupid saying that. But it's true! The one I went to today was already picked over but I did figure out one special area where these sales will benefit me - SHOES. New infant shoes are $40 a pop. Did you know that? FORTY DOLLARS for something they wear for like a minute. And buying these gently used is AWESOME b/c someone else's child wore them for...yes....for like a minute and now they are yours for EIGHT DOLLARS!!


$8 and they are brand new!

No comments: