Monday, August 29, 2011

Divine Consign!

I volunteered at this massive consignment sale that I mentioned recently. It takes up the entire Plano Convention Center - full of gently used (or not used at all) baby/child items. My thoughts and time have been consumed with what I want, things we need, etc so that I could be efficient with my time once I actually got into the sale! I volunteered Friday for 5 hours during drop-off, which was awesome because I got to scope out the incoming loot. Then, the pre-sale opened at 3pm Saturday for volunteers. 


By the time I left my volunteer shift, the conference center was only half full but I snapped pictures to show you the magnitude of this sale!


Pre-apologize for the terrible -iPhone photos......
The Stroller/Car seat room was HUGE - this shows maybe 1/5 of it.
I worked the diaper bag/playmat/sling room - this practically-new, silk
Petunia Pickle Bottom bag came in for $50. I DIE. They are $170 new.
I counted 18 Baby Bjorns before I left - do you like my organization skills?
I was later told it was unnecessary b/c by the end of drop-off, this table would be PILED high.
They were right! Oh well.
Ride-on and Push toys
Bumbos
Play mats - I was not happy that I had to overlap these. So cluttered.

So this was my list going into the pre-sale complete with the price I would pay if I bought new:
  • Outdoor slide ($75 - $100)
  • Toddler puzzles (don't know)
  • Winter hats/mittens ($25)
  • Winter shoes ($40/pair)
  • Halloween costume ($30-55)
  • Baby Bjorn - for someday when we have a new baby but are chasing around a big baby - ($90)
  • Bumbo & tray (borrowed one for Grayson) - ($50)
  • Indoor toys ($30-50/toy)
  • Push toys - Grayson LOVES the ones we have borrowed but need to return them - ($25-40)
  • Bath toys (cheap but what the hell, I was there!)

I got to the pre-sale on Saturday at 2:45 (15 minutes early) and was probably the 200th person in line (these women are crazy). I only had an hour to shop since we had early-evening plans in Dallas. I'm happy to report that I got everything on my list (and then some) and was out by 4pm! Isn't that impressive?!

Waking up on Sunday was like Christmas morning! I don't feel bad about this since I really don't ever buy Grayson toys and he has grown tired of the ones he has had since birth :) He's tired of spatulas and empty boxes and is far from spoiled....

basketball/baseball/football play center
(the bat in his hand below goes with this toy :)) - $8
The COOLEST Leap Frog shopping cart! It has a SCANNER that scans the groceries
items and tells you what they are! I didn't even realize how cool this was when I got it.
$10
The big/outdoor and normally-expensive items go first so with 200 people before me I wasn't expecting to get the outdoor slide I wanted.... but I DID get one and it's in excellent condition!

Woot! $30

My other great finds worth mentioning:


2 new Halloween costumes - $5/each
2 Puzzles - $3
Baby Bjorn - $20
Bumbo/Tray - $12
Bath toys - $4.50
2 Hats/mittens - $8.50
4 pairs of shoes - $32
New long-sleeved Polo shirt - $5
...and on and on.....

As you can tell, I absolutely recommend this sale to anyone in the market for great quality kid items who is looking for a great deal!

No comments: