Sunday, July 22, 2012

12 Weeks & A Lot of Pregnancy Talk


At 12 weeks, Baby #2 is the size of a lime!

I have looked back on on this blog countless times to compare pregnancies or to look up whether I had a certain symptom last time and I always come up empty handed! I thought I was doing such a good job of capturing every little moment of my first pregnancy but I was terrible! So, with the hopes of capturing more of this one, I thought I'd include a post written before anyone knew, a pregnancy questionnaire and then end with a milestone questionnaire like so many of my friends have done. I WISH I did those during my first! 

But let's start with some doom and gloom... ;)


A post written on a random Tuesday night in June (6wks, 2dys)

We had plans to go to the lake with friends for Memorial Day weekend so I wanted to confirm whether I was pregnant before we left. After all, my wine was purchased, packed and ready to go! So sure enough, after almost a week of negative tests, the faintest, saddest positive line appeared that the little thing could muster. I knew from my past experiences that that's all it takes. I was shocked after seeing so many negatives. But I'll tell you, I wasn't overjoyed or crying like before. A failed pregnancy does that to you. It robs you of the joyful tears and that unexplainable feeling in your heart that you're going to have a baby. I'm not bitter; just cautious. The weekend and following 2 weeks went by with zero symptoms and I tried as much as possible not to get excited and even more so, not think about the increased chances I faced of another ectopic pregnancy. 

This past Thursday, that all changed when I started having bad symptoms very similar to the last time and by Friday morning, I had cried, grieved and called the nurse to schedule my blood work to get the whole ectopic process going (of getting my levels back down to 0). She scheduled the lab for 10:30 that morning but I was surprised when she called back asking me to come in because Dr. Jacoby wanted to do a sonogram ASAP. I said, "but you guys don't do sonos on Fridays?" She said just get here, we're calling in a tech. Beau and I rushed over (another reason I love having that man home on Fridays!) as I repeated to him: They aren't going to be able to see anything. I'm 5 1/2 weeks - they can't see anything that early! This is a waste of time. I'm scared. I hate this. [Repeat]

And then we saw it. Everything we needed to see to prove that a) it isn't ectopic and b) everything is measuring accurately indicating that it's a viable pregnancy and c) I now just face the same risks of miscarriage as a regular pregnancy. I can deal with that and I love that they proved me wrong every which way I couldn't have had any better news going into the weekend. I'm relaxed, confident and starting to have symptoms - fatigue, constantly hungry, low blood sugar/faint, more fatigue, nausea. I have another sonogram this week and we are just praying that we see the little flicker of the heartbeat. One worry down, 10 million more to go! ;)

Pregnancy Questionnaire
About the parents:

Mom's Name: Stacey
Age: 32

Dad's Name: Beau
Age: 30

Is this the first child?: No, we have Grayson and 2 furballs just thrilled that we're adding to this zoo!

Finding out:
What day did you find out you were pregnant?: Friday, May 25th
How did you feel when you found out?: Ecstatic, scared and in disbelief since the 5 tests earlier that week were all negative! I also had a girls' night at my house the night before so it would have been nice to know before that night o' fun.
Who was with you?: Beau
How did the daddy react?: Excited!
Telling the grandparents: I think we first told everyone over text. Terrible, I know! But later spoke to everyone in person. Things with baby #2 are just different :)


About the pregnancy:
When is your due date?: February 3, 2013 - C-section can be scheduled as early as 1/28 but I really want a 2/1/13 date. It's a Friday and it would work best with Beau's work schedule. Yes, you can think it's ridiculous to think that way but it's true and real and he and his clients have to plan. :)
How far along are you right now?: 12 weeks
Have you had an ultra sound?: 3 and we have another one this Wednesday to hopefully find out the gender!
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes, Several times
What do you want. Boy or Girl?: I've always wanted all boys, Beau would prefer another boy but I feel like it's a girl!
Do you know what you are having now?: No

About the birth:
Who is going to be with you?: Beau
Are you going to video tape it?: Whuuu? No.
Natural or medicated?: Definitely medicated for a c-section
Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: Who knows. I didn't with Grayson but I'm more emotional with this one and will know what to expect more. With Grayson, I was in shock!
Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: Hi, Baby? I don't know!
Are you scared about the labor?: No, as long as it doesn't happen in New Orleans! ;)

Names:
Do you have a name picked out?: We have one for a girl (no middle name yet) and several for a boy. There are so many more boy names that we like than girl names!
Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: Right now, no.

Did the daddy help pick the name?: Of course he'll be involved! 


Other random questions:
Have you felt the baby move?: No, it's too early.

What was your first symptom?: So tired! 
Other symptoms?: So much more nausea, a lot of fatigue, never feeling rested, intense headaches
Will you have godparents?: Yes!
Who will be the godparents?: We thought we'd load up Nick and Annie with the pressures of godparenting ALL of our children, cool right? Kidding, we'll spare them this time! 
What is the baby's room theme?: I don't really care for themes but who knows what we'll end up with. Technically, we did the room gender-neutral for Grayson so that it would transition to other babies. So technically, I should be happy with that and leave it alone....So of course, that probably won't happen :D



This is the one I'll do regularly for blog updates:
How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Last appt I actually lost a pound due to all my nausea, which is normal. We'll find out more at the appt Wed - I'm confident I gained!
Maternity clothes? Washing/drying/hanging them up now! I'm in a total transition of 50/50 regular clothes/maternity clothes.
Stretch marks? No. Hopefully I'll continue to be stretch mark-free. Eek!
Sleep: It's all over the place but not b/c of pregnancy. Between random bouts with insomnia and Grayson getting up lately, I'm a mess.
Best moment this week: "feeling" pregnant again and showing more. Oh! And Beau got me the Paige maternity jeans I have always wanted while we were in Tampa! 
Movement: Nothing yet
Cravings: Sweets - same as last time. Sour patch kids, ice cream, cookies, etc.
Symptoms: They are gone! I have my energy back and feel great!
What I miss: Wine and champagne. I miss the taste. Never had that with Grayson.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender! 
Weekly Wisdom: I'm not worried about all the stuff I shouldn't be doing or eating. If I want a cup of coffee or a bite of ahi tuna, I have it. It doesn't cross my mind and it's so much more relaxing this way. Not to mention, it's making this pregnancy fly by!
Milestones: We went public about a week and a half ago and it feels wonderful to be out of the pregnancy closet! Keeping that secret is no fun.
Grayson loves his lime! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of G with a lime. How creative!!