Thursday, July 12, 2012

We're Having A(nother) Baby!

For as long as we have wanted and tried for this, I just still can't believe it's happening! We are indeed expecting Baby #2 around February 3, 2013 and we are incredibly thrilled! That makes me 10 1/2 weeks now and growing daily (more on that below.) I have had 4 doctor appointments already where typically I would have only had 2 by now. I've also had 2 sonograms - at 5.5 and 8.5 weeks. Since a woman is more likely to experience another ectopic pregnancy after having one, we wanted to make sure that it was, in fact, a viable pregnancy and not in the tube again. We were so excited to see that it was in the right place and growing at a healthy rate! My Doctor and Sono tech even gave me hugs :)

The sono is upside down but you can see the head and arms so much better this way :)
We have heard the heart beat 3 times now. It never gets old! This is a video taken at the 8 1/2 week appointment. A strong 175 heartbeat! Wanna hear it?! :) There is a brief moment where MY heart almost stopped beating - you'll see, it takes a second to get it. 

I have always heard the second shows faster than the first but my goodness, I just can't believe how fast! I started showing at 7 weeks, pants were tight at 8 weeks and with the exception of loose-fitting dresses and shorts, I'm about to move in to maternity clothes. This happened at like 18 or 20 weeks with Grayson so this is happening really fast! Here's a picture...
Taken at 10.5 wks in Clearwater Beach, FL
We really loved receiving so many well-wishes from family and friends both in person and on Facebook/email/text/phone. A sincere thank you to everyone who is so happy for us. It makes my heart so happy. xoxo

2 comments:

Miller Time said...

Congratulations, Stacey & Beau (and Grayson)! I'm so happy for you all!

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

Yeah! Congratulations!