Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Post-Vacation Post

A BIG thank you!
We came home to a clean house on Tuesday and not because we cleaned it before we left. My Mom was kind enough to clean the house AND my car while we were gone! This is in addition to watching the dogs and carrying our FedEx shipments and mail in. We gave her a massage at Stonebriar Spa but it just doesn't seem like enough! She just does so much for us! My car hasn't looked that good since it belonged to her ;)

Grayson's schedule....
is wrecked! The trip really screwed up all things routine and I actually didn't realize how seamless our schedule was. Kinda makes me proud that I had things moving so smoothly - ha! ;) We came home to him waking up in the 5 o'clock hour then being incredibly cranky all day, cutting out naps completely, and falling asleep the minute we got in the car to go anywhere. Poor thing was a mess! But that only lasted a couple of days b/c it looks like we're back on track - although he still woke up at 5:45 this morning (sigh).
This was on the way to My Gym, which we had to skip b/c I couldn't wake him up. 
At Village Burger Bar last night for Michelle's surprise party. He looks like the one who was surprised! :)
Things to look forward to...
I spent the better part of yesterday reaching out to and getting back to friends to get some activities on the calendar. I feel refreshed, happy to be back home and ready to play and get things done! A huge difference from before we left, feeling sick, tired and sick & tired of summer days in this house. We have one or two play dates/activities/doc appts/etc each day for the next couple of weeks. I'm happy to get moving again since I was so nauseous for the first 2+ months of this pregnancy! Looking forward to seeing all of our friends that we missed so much while we were away!

My baby tans a little too easily...
You can judge me for putting this precious bum on my blog but I still get the biggest kick watching it run around my house. ;) And look how tanned he is now?! He was really only outside in the mornings & we put sunscreen on him twice each morning but nothing can stop that skin! I'm really going to have to keep him out of the sun when he's past naps and wants to be outside all day. Have I mentioned how I'm scarred for life b/c my mom used to make me sit out of the sun in the summers while Amanda and Andrea were still able to swim?! Okay, so it was just 10 minutes at a time b/c I sort of looked Puerto Rican by July but still. I'm going to have to do the same for my child - eek. Sorry bud.
He's on his tippy toes and playing with a screwdriver :)

No comments: