Monday, August 6, 2012

In the (Reynolds) News

Things have been buzzing along pretty nicely since we returned from Florida and as I mentioned before, it was exactly what I needed to feel refreshed and productive again. We have had a play date and/or My Gym every day since we have been back. It's nice to be out the door at a certain time every morning. One of the few things I miss about my work days: structure!
He was a little embarrassed when I caught him playing with George and the doll stroller at Emmie, Joe and Kate's house.  How does he already know that emotion?
The weekends have been a nice mix of time with friends/family and relaxing as a family of 3 - a balance that Beau was really needing from me and my calendar-booking craze.
I love this picture of Beau and Cole :) And of course, Cole's outfit!
If your Saturday night doesn't involve goggles and a towel cape, you aren't living.
Grayson is getting so good at projects and activities. I have said before that I'm most excited about seeing his imagination grow. I love seeing his ideas!
Okay, so maybe most of the resting is done by the dogs :)

Grayson had a haircut last week that went all kinds of wrong. But it made me realize that he already has a certain personality at this young age and it doesn't involve a buzz cut!
Before
Okay so it's not a buzz cut but it looks like....
this most of the time. [sigh]
We have been doing a good job of cooking at home and making some pretty healthy meals. Well, healthy for Beau and I make sure I have a carb side for Grayson and me.
It makes dining out so much more indulgent!

Anyone remember how stoked I was about my stroller and how it coverts to a double and how I have recommended it to anyone who would listen b/c it's so much cooler than buying a single stroller and then a double stroller later on? Yeah well, that only makes sense if your first kid isn't huge! Grayson is already outgrowing this stroller that is supposed to convert into my double! No idea what to do. I will need to have him strapped to something when #2 comes along. I can't even imagine the alternative.

His head is off the back of the stroller and that silver is the sun shade! Poor little big dude.
So, there's this resale group on Facebook for women in Frisco/Allen/McKinney/Plano who sell some pretty nice stuff and let you know about awesome garage sales and such before most other people know. I love being a part of it. We scored the twin mattress for Grayson's big boy bed (un-used) for $35. Also, I got 3 huge trash bags and a box of children's books for cheap, cheap. Keeping a lot, giving some to my mom and SIL and donating the rest. I'm addicted to a bargain!
Grayson and I going through all the books was like Christmas at Barnes and Noble. We had fun together :)
I have really enjoyed some girl time recently. Kelly, Martha and I (Alison's sitter was a no-show so she couldn't make it - ugh!) had dinner at Seasons 52 Thursday night and had so much fun. We just couldn't possibly fit in all the topics we wanted to. Next trip is to Blue Martini, which absolutely looks like a meat market/cougar den/plastic surgery convention - I can't wait! ;) And since I'm not a martini drinker at all, pregnancy is a great time to check out the place. Taking bets on how many other pregnant women will be there? I'm going with zero!

 My sugar cravings are back in full effect with this pregnancy. .98 cents a box at Walmart - don't mind if I do!

Upcoming! 
Beau and I have two sets of friends who are bringing their families home to Texas for a visit so that everyone can meet their babies! Their sip 'n sees are at the same time Saturday so I'll head to Dallas to see Brooke, Aaron and James (from New Zealand) and Beau will head to Ft. Worth to see Katie, Justin and Henry (from CA). Wish we could all make both!

My neighbor Britney and I have decided to brave a baseball game in August. In Texas. With three young children. Beau will be in Ireland and Scooter in Austin so who knows what kind of trouble we can get into! More bets on how long we'll last there? I'm going with 30 minutes! :)

Co-hosting Andrea's bachelorette party in Colorado! A spa weekend with average temps at 75/45. This is my mental happy place when it's 108 outside these days!

Divine Consign season! My friend Lori and I are volunteering again to get into the pre-sale. We (hopefully!) find out the gender of #2 the day before so, either way, I'm going to have a list!

Spin class with Mama at the FAC! No excuses, I have my energy back and feel amazing. Time to make use of it!

No comments: