Monday, August 20, 2012

My Miscellaneous

I figured that doing a post based on my past several iphone pictures would be fun. After all, that phone is really what captures our daily lives it seems! So, updates in the form of pictures and captions and then a little something from my heart at the end.


Eskimo kisses!
 Monogram problem
While getting ready to meet friends for lunch at a splash pad, I realized that I have a monogram problem. I'm not apologizing for it but I understand the extent of it now! :)
 Parenting
My parenting is worsening the further I get into pregnancy.  By the end, he will probably be drinking beer and staying out all night. KIDDING.
B-day parties and lots of 'em!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Carter! I loved everything about this party and want to copy all of it for Grayson's 3rd! Coo Coo's is the COOLEST place for the young kids, the Market Street cupcakes were awesome (and Oni said affordable) and she put together a basket of unwrapped favors (puzzles, chalk, coloring books, etc.) for the kids to pick out their own since the age range was pretty large. Love that idea!!
Always front and center for the cake! 
Amazing little Beau replica
Beau has always had this incredible MacGyver thing going on and  Grayson seemed to get that. Watching him put random household items together is so cool. Here he wanted to load up all his lumber in the back of his Jeep but realized that the space was too small for all of it to balance. So he wedged the doggie door cover in there as a make-shift shelf. All done on his bathroom step stool of course. Love this Little Beau!
Daddy's softball game
Beau was home this week so he got to play with his old team. Grayson was interested...for a second.
This about sums up his interest: back to the game while eating. ;)
Smoke detector
Hahaha, this thing started chirping during a bad storm in the middle of the night (of course). Beau could NOT get it to stop so he threw it out into the front yard. Ha! Once it dried out, it went right back to chirping loudly and rapidly! 
Daddy snuggles
Are these Daddy/Son snuggles not the best? Melts my heart. We loved having Beau home this week!

New vacuum
Ugh, we did it. A lot of people recommended that pesky little Dyson Animal vacuum that costs more than my car. Just kidding but good grief are those things expensive....AS WELL THEY SHOULD BE! This thing has changed our lives! You only think your house is clean until one of these babies combs through it. And I'm not even talking pet hair here. Dust. Allergens. Dirt and stuff that you can't see. Beau is ready to become a door to door Dyson vacuum salesman b/c he's so passionate about the thing! Seriously, he wants to take it to people's houses to show them the nasties that come out of their "clean" carpet!


Death grip on the "dirt"
NO ONE comes between a man and his dump truck.
A cool gift
This photo just doesn't do this pen justice. My Dad (not Jeff, talking about Carol here) sent this to Beau last week. He hand-makes these from scratch! The gold is a bullet casing, the marble is something cool and the shirt clip is a small rifle. He is amazing and I'm glad to hear he's now selling these! You should see his wood work too - I'm so proud of him!
Last but most importantly...
I have the need in my heart to mention a sweet sorority sister of mine. She lost her baby girl at 40 weeks gestation. Just days before, she posted her final pregnancy picture so eager for Baby Madeline to arrive. My heart breaks for her and her family. I sometimes hate how the world continues to revolve when someone's life is shattered like that. I have been bouncing between communication with sorority sisters coordinating flowers and donations and while posting pictures of Grayson and commenting on other friends' baby & pregnancy pictures and writing this blog post. All the while painfully aware that I just feel like we should all freeze for a long, long time to mourn with her. I remember feeling angry that things kept going on around me when my grandfathers passed away in the same week. Like the world didn't get that it should just stop! But I guess the fact that things DO keep going is the only thing that forces us to continue on. Danielle and her family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers every day. 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank you for the kind words...you have no idea how much it means to me. As impossible as it seems to get out of bed each morning, it definitely helps to know I have wonderful friends like you to keep me going. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. Thank you again.

Unknown said...

Thank you for responding, Danielle! I just wish I could make it all better. Hug on that son and husband of yours - they are such blessings in a time like this.