Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Food Making Machine!

Me, not that green thing! ;-) I'm reeeeally taking a liking to making Grayson's food! It's becoming a nice, fun hobby where I can zone out and spend some quiet time to myself (well, other than that whole blender part). All made possible by my lovely mom who watches Grayson for me! He has loved every food I have introduced him to so far - he practically falls onto the spoon with every bite and fusses when it's all gone (just like his Daddy). Next up: prunes (ugh), peaches, squash and some combination recipes now that he isn't showing any allergies to any previous foods. I'm avoiding pureeing meat like the plague though - gross. I'll get there...just not this week. :)

5 comments:

theseemanfamily said...

Uh yeah, I tried pureeing a chicken breaast and about threw up!!! I decided to do jars for the meat b/c we just could handle the nastiness!!! :) Good luck to you though, ha!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm SO glad you said that. I think I was looking for some validation just to buy the jarred stuff. I just can't do it. At least I'm not ready to yet.

Kristi said...

Emmie hated the jarred meats and I just about puked when I smelled it. I started buying her those cans of chicken (that look like cans of tuna) as her first meat and she loved it. not that you were asking, but just thought I would share! :)

Earlene said...

I think Kristi has a good idea. We've actually used the canned chicken for chicken salad when we don't have time to cook the chicken ourselves. It's pretty good and doesn't have all of the sodium and other additives as those store rotisserie chickens.

(Can you tell I've been reading a natural foods blog?)

Earlene said...

And BTW, your photo has that PW look. Nice!