Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Look Back at 2010

2011 has a lot to live up to. I joke with Beau that we have a lot of work to do in 2011 since our history goes like this:

2007 - we met
2008 - engaged
2009 - married
2010 - Baby Grayson arrived

How can 2011 top this?! I overheard my Mom telling Grayson the other day (yes, she talks to the baby all the time) that maybe his parents will have twins in 2011. Ha!!! There are 3 things certain in this life: death, taxes and Beau and I will NOT HAVE TWINS in 2011. :)

So before we have a little talking to with 2011 regarding everyone's high expectations, let's reminisce about this perfect year....

January
We started off the year in full swing! I was well into my second trimester when we found out that Baby Reynolds was in fact a boy! We knew he would be - I just had a feeling. And Beau was just hoping :)
February - April 
There were so many decisions to make - from nursery colors, to furniture, to baby names, strollers and diaper bags, I was consumed with thoughts of baby but somehow managed to stay focused at work. Thank goodness I had that balance to keep my mind from obsessing!

April
Beau and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary with a date to Maggiano's, a place we frequented in the beginning of our relationship. Just yesterday I came across that Q&A page he put on my pillow that night (I talk about it here) - it's still very special to me!

My parents moved to Frisco! Just like that. House hunted for, found, bought, moved. It seems like it happened in a matter of weeks. And by far, next to Beau and Grayson, this is one of the greatest gifts I could have been given! I love having them so close.

May
The best baby shower ON EARTH! This was an amazing day that I will always cherish and hope that I can give back to each of my hostesses the way they have given to me! That includes my sisters - why don't I have a picture with Andrea??


June
BEST. MONTH. EVER. My long-awaited baby Grayson arrived perfect as all get out. But he didn't come easily. Beau got great satisfaction sneaking pictures of a MISERABLE Me in the few weeks leading up to the delivery. Like these...


 Goodness the feelings of discomfort come back to me like it was yesterday. I remember sitting in meetings trying to concentrate on important matters all while Grayson's head was prodding my rib cage. It's enough to consider a surrogate the next time around. Kidding. I guess this is where I post pictures of my perfection!! I have 100+ pictures of my wonderful hospital experience but here are a few favorites of his first minutes:






Newborn Photo Shoot!



Grayson met his Aunts Andrea and Amanda within a week of each other at the end of June/beginning of July! They love him SO much!

July
It's all a blur really but tons of family time over the 4th of July (the 5th is my Grandmother and Amanda's birthday!) and lots of bonding with Grayson. I was still nursing at this time so most of my time was committed to that in some fashion.


Brinkley was sent off to finishing school (okay it was hunting training) in May and stayed through the end of July. He was missed dearly but it was very nice not to have him under my feet when I was walking around with a teeny tiny baby in my arms. Especially after surgery. He's better than ever out in the field...


August
I became a full-time Mommy in August - something you just can't prepare for! What a beautiful time in my life that I will never forget! At about this time Beau left for London for a week-long business trip - his first trip to England and it had to be for work (and without me!) :)

My friends and I went down to float the river for Nikki's bachelorette party at the end of August and it was OH SO MUCH FUN! My first night away from Grayson (he was 10 weeks at this point) and I think I did pretty well :) Girl time is a must and is healthy for any new mom. Love my girls and only wish I could see them more.

September
I was lost in my world with Grayson spending days nesting and watching him grow before my very eyes! It was difficult with Beau leaving every week - it seemed to him like he was missing all of Grayson's changes. We did have some fun outing weekends like Ma's 90th Birthday and the Texas State Fair with my parents! 

October
TX/OU was a great time with friends as it is every year. My parents were so nice to be our DD down there and Grayson made a brief appearance...


Halloween! My sweet boy had two costumes due to some unseasonably warm weather (uh, 80 degrees? that's not Fall)...isn't he just adorable?!

Beau's family pumpkins - perhaps he should consider a new career...


My Mom and I made the big trek across the state of Texas to be with Ma after we learned that one of our family members passed away. Eight hours in a car there and eight hours back with a 4 month old is just something I will never forget. :)

 November
Thanksgiving was incredibly special to me since both my sisters and their guys joined us in Frisco for Thanksgiving. My parents house was bustling with people and we also joined the Dallas Caldwells for their huge meal as well! I love family time and if I was wealthy, I would purchase tons of hill country land and force my entire family to live on it with me!
This one is of the Reynolds guys only since you have already seen all of us here.

Beau started his new job in November! Okay, this is ANOTHER "greatest gift" I have been given. I keep saying that. :) But really, having him come home every day and wake up next to him each morning is so new to us and something I hope to never take for granted. He helps put Grayson down at night and cuddles up with me on the couch each evening and I already can't remember how I spent Grayson's first 4 1/2 months without Beau home.

December
I love, love, love Christmas! And it's even cooler with a child. :) I can only guess that it will become more stressful joyful and toy-filled spiritually significant as Grayson gets older! :) We did take some time for ourselves with a date night here and there. We didn't get photos of Christmas parties or us at the Christmas Eve service, which I'm disappointed about but we did snap one the night that Beau took me to The Nutcracker! I really do hope we can make that a date night tradition.

The play group I joined had a Moms Night Out/gift exchange in December and we had a ball! I'm really enjoying getting to know the girls in the group and am loving all the fun, inexpensive things they plan. They can really keep a girl busy. I'm looking forward to seeing them all more in the new year.

Grayson was just over 6 months old on Christmas and we loved seeing his reactions to the presents that Santa and his family gave him. The presents could have been filled with tissue paper and he would have been just as happy. :)


Overall, a great year indeed and as we look forward, we can only pray for as beautiful of a year as we had in 2010!

Happy New Year friends!! I'll leave you not with a toast wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year (although I do wish that) but I'm signing off with a picture of NAKED BABY. Cheers!

No comments: