Friday, January 21, 2011

Camera Debut (or Shelby finally gets her day)

Beau is now the proud owner of the camera he has always wanted (I'm still too scared to touch it). I'm so happy for him - he set his goal to work contract hours for it and did it before month end! Me? I'm just thrilled that Shelby finally gets the camera justice she deserves. Anyone who has a black doggie knows that they are very difficult to photograph, especially in doors. Especially on dark furniture...and dark floors. I have countless photos of Shelby where you can barely make out the shape of a dog - it's so sad. But now! Now she gets her time in the spotlight! Many more of these to come as Beau hones his skills (I know, you're tickled pink) but here are the very first pictures taken of the pups with the new camera....


Since this lens works so well in low light, I will actually be able to take pictures and blog about the changes we have made to the living room that I started here. I just have to clean first ;-)

But really we are most excited about having it for the two weddings we have in April (Nikki and Brad's in Destin, FL & Amanda and Andrew's in Cape Elizabeth, ME). Beau is looking forward to capturing the family and friend time that professional photogs don't always get. We will be taking it to Thea's Birthday party this weekend too so she doesn't have to take pics at her OWN party! Yay!

No comments: