Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New (surprisingly challenging) Home Project

Beau and I recently purchased a new sofa and love seat for the living room! We did plenty of shopping and talking and shopping some more before we decided on leather. Our new couches came with 9 pillows - score! 9 pillows that match nothing in our home - boooo. BUT, this means a new throw pillow project for me - score!! My idea for these pillows is to cover them in light colors since the leather is pretty dark. 


Here are the only pics I have of the new couches but they will do for the sake of this blog entry:




The insides of these pillows are a whopping 24x24 but can be stuffed into a 19x19 cover if needed. I know this because I randomly bought a hand-painted pillow cover on our honeymoon that fits nicely. Now that I think about it, how random is that purchase?! Glad I did though b/c fortunately it has the colors I want to use and I like the idea of personalizing this project. 

 I can't stop thinking about these. Of course, the Etsy vendor sold them by the time I was ready to pull the trigger (what, 3 weeks later?!) but I'm thinking about reaching out to her about my custom size in this print. If she even still has the fabric. 


It's important to me that I mix solids and textures in if I do a busy print like the 2 above since I'm dealing with NINE pillows! I love this knit...but would need cream.



And maybe another textured solid like this...




Back to personalization, I'm liking this but not sure if it's more of a bedding pillow. Jury is still out on monogramming a couch pillow...and this print is a little holiday for my liking but you get the idea...
Anyway, who knows what I will end up with or how long this process will take but I'm having fun with it!

3 comments:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

I like your project and I have ideas, haha.

Earlene said...

Of course you do, Andrea! LOL
Thanks for the idea about the white sheers in the "blue room", they'll be perfect.
Poor Stacey has inherited the procrastination-in-buying gene. But at least it's not an impulse buying habit!

Stacey said...

bring on your ideas!!