Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busted!

Technology is such a thorn in my side sometimes....

Beau: "We got a ticket in the mail today for your car running a red light."
Me: "Impossible. I don't run red lights."
Beau: "Really, because I'm watching the intersection video of it right now. And it's definitely your car."
Me: "What?!"

That's right. I did, in fact, run a red light. I HATE when people do it and I did it. In my defense, it was one of those things where I looked away for a split second (NOT at my phone - b/c I REALLY don't text and drive) and when I looked back, the light was yello-RED! If I recall correctly, something on the side of the road caught my eye - a pedestrian, car, weird business, something. I also remember it b/c it felt like an eternity that I was traveling through that intersection with the light being red. And I was so embarrassed to watch the video yesterday. It looked so blatant. I'm adult enough to admit that I 100% deserve the $75 ticket. I just hope my money goes to the upkeep of those stupid cameras so that they can continue catching the REAL lawbreakers. Not the accidental ones like me :-)

No comments: