Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Home Decor

First, I have to give this disclaimer....I am in no way pretending to be a decorator's blog nor am I thinking that I have great tips that haven't been done a thousand times....I just thought I would share what I've been doing lately! :-)


I have never been one to decorate my home for Fall and now I can't figure out why. It's really the perfect time of year - it lasts for TWO months! You can't say that for Christmas or Easter or Columbus Day. Kidding on that last one. I didn't do much but I thought I would share my little touches around the house - on a budget, of course. I keep checking our budget spreadsheet for a Home Decor line item - I can't figure out why Beau hasn't added that yet. ;-) 


But first, I have to share this wreath that my Mom made me!! Is she not talented and shouldn't she sell these?! Made it from scratch and I'm so proud to hang it on my door. Thanks Mama - you wear your Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow Award of 1969 proudly! ;-)
Moving on....I changed out the centerpiece on my dining room table to something more seasonal. Tom Thumb was selling bags of pumpkins/gourds for $5 - all looked great - it was a steal really. So I grabbed a couple of place mats I have and my beloved footed cake stand (b/c let's face it, this girl isn't making any homemade cakes anytime soon) and voila, a Fall centerpiece for five bucks. Done.
The fireplace in our house is one of my favorite areas and is really a blank canvas in any home so I'm having fun with it! It's mid-October and this is not even close to complete but here it is so far. I just grabbed my gold frames from around the house and picked up some garland from Hobby Lobby. As you can see, I have some picture frames to fill and it's also looking a bit cluttered so I'm working on all that. I may figure it all out just in time to take it down for Christmas - ha!


 I want to swing by Half Priced Books and pick up some big, fall colored books (with cool titles, of course) to layer and stack a couple of the picture frames but do people buy books just for decoration?! I'm having a hard time with that one. :)

1 comment:

Earlene said...

Aw, thanks for the love, Honey! Yes, people do buy books for decor accents and sometimes they are very expensive ones.