Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Painting for Beau

I really challenged myself to think outside the box with Beau's Christmas present this year. It hasn't taken long for me to grow tired of the Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop gift cards! I mean, I'm sure he isn't tired of receiving those ;) but I wanted to do something different this year. A sentimental gift was the goal but I didn't want it to be cheesy - a tough balance for a guy's present. I just so happened to be catching up on one of my favorite blogs and saw where she gave her hubby a painting for his birthday. Like us, they wanted more artwork in the house but since real paintings are usually pretty expensive, they hadn't pulled the trigger. Well, thanks to Etsy (LOVE ETSY!), they found a great artist that sells very affordable artwork. Here is their blog post showing the painting. I love it! I decided I would do the same for Beau. I saw where the artist advertised that you could commission your own painting of your favorite picture. I think this is such a great idea and is the perfect sentimental gift for someone who is interested in art! I highly recommend the artist too - in addition to affordable and good work, she was super fast as well. (Interesting fact: she just so happens to be located in Corpus!! And the couple from the blog above is in Virginia so total coincidence.) 


Without further ado,  here it is. Beau LOVES it :) And below that is the picture that was used - one of our favorites from a rainy day in New Orleans...

No comments: