Friday, April 13, 2012

Backyard Play Date

Grayson and I hosted a backyard play date for some of the kids and moms in our play group. We told everyone to dress in play clothes because we had popsicles and fruit, sand and bubbles to play with! It was a lot of fun, really messy and the weather was perfect due to an impending thunderstorm that ended up missing us. :)
Fresh fruit (I learned that Grayson is now tall enough to grab it out of the containers - grubby hands and all)
Lemonade and water with lemon ice cubes (love you, Pinterest)
Deciding against no water toys was a last minute decision but I forgot to remove the baby pool. It was the first thing the kids went for! They all just sat in the empty pool - pretty funny :)
Kate's first time with a popsicle - not so sure how to hold it :)
Precious Lainey
Tripp looks like he's 2 going on 16! What a little man he is.
Ethan has some of the most stunning blue eyes I've seen.
I love this shot - Grayson looks like he's in pure heaven surrounded by all his friends!
We're missing a child...it's Ethan. But this is the only shot I got of most of the kids blowing bubbles. And Emmie (the Mama) looks simply beautiful teaching the kids how to blow bubbles. 
Kate was a pro.  
Baby Joe - easiest baby ever! I hear the second one usually is. Here's to hoping! 
The girls went to town with the sand table. They aren't afraid to get dirty at all! I just love Sophia's little back and pig tails in this one. That alone could make want a little girl. ;)
Overall, what a great day! I feel like these play dates go by so fast. We hope to have one more over here before it gets too hot!

1 comment:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

Looks fun!! Is Grayson wearing a Yankees shirt?? His I-Wish-I-Was-Your-Uncle-Rogan would be SO proud!