Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy 3rd, Beaubs!

I mentioned that our anniversary was this past week and while I was looking for my wedding blog post, I realized I never really did one. :/ I said I was going to go back and detail the food, flowers, friends and fun but I never did. I still don't really feel like doing it but I thought I would at least post some wedding pictures (with captions) taken by some of our guests. A little tribute to Beau and I being 3 years old this week. :)
That's tough to read but I think it says welcome, we're getting married and don't worry, it's not a typical Catholic ceremony ;)
My Mom gifted me my great-grandmother's wedding bands before I walked down the aisle. It was such a surprise and a moment that will never be forgotten.
Jeff walking my Mom to her seat
We were both so nervous!
We had a Catholic priest and a Church of Christ minister officiate out of respect to both of our backgrounds. It was just really cool that the Corpus Christi Cathedral invited a minister to stand up there along side our Priest. That isn't very common.
I like this one with my grandmothers in the front row. :)
A favorite of the professional pictures.
Our wedding party! From left to right: Amanda, Nikki, Thea, Whitney, and my sisters Andrea and Amanda.
Beau's brother Reyn, Deran, Justin, Nick, Whit and Ethan. It meant so much to Beau and me that they all stood up with us. 
We had our monogram (duogram?) as a subtle "theme" throughout the reception. Loved the centerpieces! 
They were able to add it to the cake too. Okay so I loved our cake also :)
The reception was at the Town Club and the groom's cake actually got it's own room (due to lack of space anywhere else!) We LOVED this cake! It's a cigar box up top and the cigars were edible. And an "R" on the lid. So masculine, in my opinion.
These floral arrangements were in the groom's cake room and actually came from the rehearsal dinner the night before. They worked well in that room and were able to stand alone without looking strange with the otherwise, blue decor. :) (The rehearsal dinner was a beach theme since we were married in Corpus and the dinner was at Water Street Seafood Co. - hence the birds of paradise...that's what these are, right?!)
My bouquet? A bridesmaid's? Who knows. I really should have done recap 3 years ago ;)

First dance - Van Morrison's "These are the days"
My cousin's caption to this picture on FB was "Stupid happy" :)
Father dance - Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" (I can't find the sweet picture of Beau and his mom but they danced to Stoney LaRue's version of "Forever Young". An absolute favorite song of ours! Everyone should have this on a play list :))
These guys were like a 10 or 12-piece band. Couldn't have asked for more (literally....they crowded the dance floor - ha!)
I don't remember tasting the cake!
The Dallas girls! I adore every single one of them.
Our flutes were a gift from my former Manager at RAZOR. So sweet of her!



With the Rockenbachs. I loved that so many friends made the trip to South Texas! 
My Mom and I dancing with the girls!
Busted looking at all the rose pedals falling down my dress :)
I feel better now that I captured all that! I wish I could just wrap up every single memory and guest there and include everything and everyone in a nifty, little blog post. :/ I have been wanting to detail that week and night for 3 years now and while this was a weak attempt, I love looking back at it all and remembering how excited we were. We couldn't have known all the wonderful things God had in store for us! Happy 3rd Anniversary, Beau! xoxo

No comments: