Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Crazy, Busy April Weekend

Friday
Beau planned a very special night out for our 3rd Anniversary! He will be traveling this week so he'll be gone for the real deal, which is on Wednesday. He arranged for my parents to not only keep Grayson overnight, but to come get him early afternoon so that I could take my time getting ready! What a special treat that is (if you have a child then you get it!) So I showered, laid in bed, did my hair, laid in bed, you get it. Beau got home from a work/golf outing (they seriously did business on the golf course. How is that even possible?!) We went to the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan and it was quite the special dinner. He figured this would be a nice change from our Go To destination, which is anything Dallas. :) Props to Beau for a job well done! :) A bonus: our friends Nick and Annie met up with us afterward for drinks at the Glass Cactus, the night club/bar at the Gaylord. We don't get to do "adults only" things very often so it was a really great time!
A nod to the Yellow Rose of Texas? Possibly.
This was the best experience. Their maƮtre fromager (cheese expert) wheeled an enormous glass encased display of lots of cheeses, educated us on most and we had the chance to select a few. He then paired them with accents that he thought best. Left to right: a cheddar with dried cherries, creamy goat cheese with carmelized pecans, and then brie with honeycomb (pretty much dessert!). They were all spectacular. I'd go back just for this.
I had the halibut, Beau had a bone-in NY strip and we shared jabanero creamed corn and garlic truffle fries, which were enough to feed a family of 12! But it was all delicious.
Beau and I had creme brulee every day on our Honeymoon in Tahiti so this might be a tradition. :)  
Nick and Annie on our anniversary - ha! :)
Okay, here we are! A perfect evening - 1/2 just us; 1/2 with some of our best friends!
Saturday
We woke up and went to my parents house long enough for them to cook us breakfast and for Grayson to go back to sleep (up at 6am; napped at 10am - good grief). We  couldn't have designed a better morning. ;) So they kept him while he slept and we headed to Lowe's to get materials for the cornhole game Beau is making for our neighborhood block party this weekend. 
You could call "watching my husband carry lumber" an extra anniversary treat :)
That afternoon, the 3 of us went to a party at the property of a sorority sister of mine, Michelle and her husband John. They made a GIANT pot of chili over an open fire. I didn't even think to get a picture with Michelle and me - bummer. She's in the 2nd picture below as she was kind enough to catch one of her horses for the kids to pet. It was Grayson's first experience with a horse - he played it cool! :) 
This pot was huge! 12 gallons of chili 

Grayson on Miss Kitty, Beau and Michelle
Beau taught Grayson a couple of ways to call a horse over. He kind of gets them confused. ;) He's so quiet in the beginning of this video. Bummer. Anyway, enjoy.

 Sunday
Grayson's friend Olivia had her 2nd birthday party at My Gym in Frisco this morning. Pretty much the coolest little place ever and G is PASSED OUT right now from all the fun. I just scored 12 classes there on Groupon for pretty much nothing and I'm so stoked about something to do that is fun for him and INDOORS this summer :)


I can't think of a worse place to try to capture good iPhone pictures. 20 kids behaving like monkeys in a gym. But here is my attempt :D



Olivia the birthday girl watching Grayson fall (and apparently enjoying it :) )
Bubbles - I love this :)


Shuttle! - I don't know if I love this ;)


Later this afternoon, we headed to the Roughriders game with my parents. My Dad got season tickets and Founders' Club passes, which gave us free food and drinks the whole time. This was Grayson's first baseball game and he really seemed to get into the batters hitting, outfield catching, etc. He clapped when other people did and said "Up" and pointed up when they would hit a pop fly. We may have a future ball player on our hands ;) But you know we have thought that for a while...


Dr. Pepper Field 
Loves the view from his Dad's shoulders!
Watching the first few innings from our seats

From the JCPenny club 
Eating cherries with Mimi 
REALLY good 8th and 9th inning!
Love the senior citizens who offered to take our picture (Not my parents ;) )
We spent the rest of the night hanging with neighbors in the front yard. But I'll spare you the details!

Thank you if you stayed with me through this marathon post! :)

No comments: