Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

So are we celebrating EVERY holiday for like 2 weeks now? Is this a kid thing? Or just us? I mean I love it, especially b/c Grayson gets great wear out of his holiday outfits but I mean, Easter has lasted for weeks! Here it is in all its glory....


Easter Bunny Visit - I really thought this would be a better experience than Santa! And I sure was wrong! Perfectly calm in the beginning just like with Santa...
Watching the bunny in awe...
Then BAM! Meltdown. Pardon the picture of a picture. We don't have a scanner and I wasn't spending the $10 on the CD ;) 
Simply frightened. We'll get 'em next year, kiddo!
Play Group Easter Eggstravaganza (Hunt #1) - This was a great success - I think there were about 40 - 50 of us and the hostesses did a great job of stuffing and hiding eggs. I'm bummed that we didn't get a group shot like we did at Halloween. It's fun to see how the kids grow up together. Next time! Grayson did NOT get the concept of the egg hunt. He accidentally stepped on his first egg. He realized that just breaking the egg like this gave him immediate access to the candy. Game over! :)




Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt (Hunt #2) - We had gorgeous weather for this fun event yesterday morning! I have become friends with Angela, the woman who puts on the HOA-sponsored events for the neighborhood, and she did such a great job! I had no idea people actually get paid for this job (cool, right?!) and she sure did make it a memorable one! She arranged for free Chik-fil-a chicken biscuits (the big ones!) and waters for the entire neighborhood and other sponsors for games and prizes. Angela is working with Britney and me for our Spring block party so hopefully it will be as cool as the Easter Egg Hunt. :)

This is a favorite. Lowery has always been so nurturing with Grayson :)
Free Chik-fil-a chicken biscuits - the full-sized ones!
With 3/5 of the Asels. No idea where Britney and baby Molly were.
Reynolds Family Easter (Hunt #3) - I can honestly say this was our best Reynolds gathering to date! Beau's brother has moved into a charming home on hundreds of acres (I'm not exaggerating there) and thanks to that weak winter, the lush green Spring colors were beautiful! It was just a lovely, relaxing setting and we all had a great time. The house is only about 30 minutes from us - right in the middle of us and Beau's parents so we hope to get together there more often.



Easter morning - Grayson woke up to his Easter basket before we rushed out the door to church. He enjoyed seeing his goodies and having a few jelly beans with breakfast. I can tell holidays like this are going to be increasingly more fun the older he gets. The challenge, and my utmost wish, is to keep his focus on what is important. It's not easy when bunnies and chicks and candy are much more common and interesting to a child than crosses and the story of Jesus. We're working on it though - albeit, you'd never know from the looks of this basket! :) 

 
See? All bunny and chick stuff. But very fun. A PBK book,  Grayson stickers and a Grayson puzzle.
Okay, so THIS is why we were running late to church ;)
Mimi and Beau walking our sweet boy to church.
Caldwell Family Easter (Hunt #4 - canceled!) - My parents hosted Easter lunch again this year and, as always, it was divine. The hunt was canceled due to rain and we were totally okay with that since it would have been our FOURTH! And it gave us more time to chat with our family. I simply love being with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle. Always good conversation! We also had some family friends join us, the Stockseths. Some of our favorite people. But as always, we spent more time talking, less time taking pictures so this is all you get:

We were in the middle of a conversation! I don't know how he does it - can fall asleep anywhere!
I was really missing my Pa today. Nine years later and the memories are still so crystal clear, I feel like I could physically step back into that Easter Sunday standing frozen in Ma and Pa's kitchen when I found out that he passed away in his bedroom. I was flying back to Dallas that afternoon and we had stopped by their house to show him the suit he and Ma bought me especially for Easter. He never got to see it. I wore it today. :) Happy Easter to all of our family and friends! xoxo

No comments: