Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Some Updates and Some Firsts

Updates:


1) I'm not going back to work. The agency was lovely about everything and when I say we couldn't come to a good solution for both sides, I really mean it. The account they had available wasn't the one that was the best fit for me. We left off in a great place and if anything opens up, we'll revisit. I'm really in a good place with it. Still a little bummed about Grayson not going to Carpe Diem but as a mom in our play group said, "Stacey, he has the rest of his life for computer classes. He's 2." Thank you for the wake up call. ;) I'm in a VERY good spot with staying home, getting my head on straight about all of our activities, how I want to be a better mom and wife, making our days more productive and am moving forward so all is good in my corner! This is what I'm working on for my Easter table...
Please, won't you be one of my 74 guests in a mint wicker chair randomly set in the middle of my estate? Moving on...


2) Next update is that we are doing the FL trip just as I described it. Flights, hotel, rental car and Hotel de Smedberg all booked soooo....


3) When you consider the two points above, 1 + 2 does notta equal a new kitchen. Or shared office space. Or possibly a 14 ft. tall tractor in our front yard for Grayson's birthday party for that matter. But I'm always open to sacrificing my ridiculous ideas for the sake of family fun. :)
This is demonstrating that we are tightening our budget; not that I'm taking out any aggression of cancelled home remodel projects by torturing pigs. 
Firsts:
Swim Lessons  - Grayson really enjoyed his first day of swim lessons after the first few minutes of uncertainty. He did everything he wasn't supposed to (kicking, floating on back, dunking his hair) and nothing that they were teaching (arm technique, moving along the side of the pool with your hands, etc.) He did enjoy  learning to blow bubbles though. :)  One thing I was surprised to learn is that he's not as buoyant as you would expect in water! My arms definitely got a work out and he was just as I thought he's be: squirmy!
You want me to do what in where?
Tornado Scare - Well, Grayson's first where he was old enough to be scared. The sirens went off for over an hour yesterday and parts of DFW were hit badly by tornadoes. I've heard varying reports but something like 20-ish tornadoes touched down yesterday. Then, large hail peppered the rest of the area. A scary day for sure with a lot of damage - so happy to hear that there were no casualties. Being home alone with just the dogs and Grayson made me realize that: we have no bottled water, the batteries are dead in ALL the flash lights from Grayson's recent obsession with the flash lights (thanks Mimi and Pop), the dogs have anxiety with things like this and that Grayson won't tolerate being locked in a bathroom with me for 45 minutes. All good to know.
This was like the Super Bowl for our weather people ;)
Open House - Oh, my sweet boy is growing up. The weather cleared up in time for the Open House at Grayson's preschool. So happy too b/c the kids' artwork was adorable, the silent auction was fierce and the cake walk was really cute. Beforehand, we enjoyed a spontaneous dinner out with our neighbors, the Asels, who we ran into at a stop light randomly enough. A table for 4 is much more fun when you add 5 extra people! They are the ones that introduced us to Teddy Bear Junction in the first place. A fun night for all!
Smile! waiting on Mimi and Pop to pick us up for dinner.
he always sits like this: in the stroller, car seat, while I'm changing his diaper. he's such a dude! 
patiently waiting for his food.
running around the gym at the open house. i could tell that he typically runs in circles in there with other kids b/c as soon as we walked in, his face lit up and he took off! I love seeing pure joy on his face.
loves his Mimi and Pop!
Date night with the Asels sans kids! - Since they are our across the street neighbors, everything we do with them is kid-friendly. This was the first time that we planned babysitters and a night out just the 4 of us. This past Friday, we had perfect weather for a dinner on that patio at Taco Diner (yay for Mambo Limousines!) and some drinks at a couple of the other places at the Shops at Legacy. There is a reason we don't do that more often b/c we all had way too much fun and were dragging the following day. SO worth it though. :)
Trying to look girly drinking their mambos while waiting on our table. They do it really well ;)

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Did you notice that Beau is mimicking the way you drink from a straw? Ha!

Courtney Schumacher said...

We just got a kitchen bid. Which moved my dream kitchens from 2013 to 20never! Not really, but eesh! WHY SO EXPENSIVE???