Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happenings this past week

First, I want to sincerely thank everyone who commented and sent emails/texts/calls regarding the post below. I mentioned that we have friends that love us but I just had no idea how many! My heart is so full! And I had no idea most of you even read my blog. It makes me even more at peace with my decision to post something so personal. I'm still going to the doctor a couple of times a week for blood work. Hopefully next week will be my last! But rest assured, I'm almost back to 100% both emotionally and physically, moving on and excited for Spring! :)


Some things we have been up to this week:


Play dates!
We definitely caught up for lost time this week! We had several play dates and had a lot of fun with our friends. We met up with our friends Alison and her daughter London and welcomed them to the stay at home mom and child world! We met them at Arbor Hills Nature Preserver and had a ball. What a beautiful day and place to hang out. We'll definitely be doing that more often. This video is taken from Friday's play date - these boys crack me up! Grayson is definitely the loud one here and I can't wait to see what kind of things they get into as they get older!





More Spring weather
This winter has been crazy! Beautiful 60 and 70 degree weather this week so a lot of time spent outdoors and in our new spring clothes. And SOME people thought I was crazy for buying spring so early [*cough*BEAU*cough*] ;)
Always has a hand in his pocket these days. 
His eye contact gets me every time.
We paid off the truck!!
I have to brag on Beau for a second. Goodness, he works hard. And thankfully, his company recognizes it. He received a bi-annual bonus this week and we were able to pay off the truck! I think we had like 2 more years on that loan so it feels so good! We now have zero car payments and will hopefully continue to move forward and meet more of our financial goals this year. Thank you Beau for all that you do for our family! I thought you were a stud in that truck when I first met you and it has been an honor helping to pay it off. :) xoxo
Our very first picture together was in this truck. We had been dating for a couple of weeks
and he was dropping me off after dinner. Those EYES! I was smitten. 
The only picture I have of it. I wanted to post a picture of it
so I can remember someday when I'm 60 looking back. But Beau said no need, since
we're never getting rid of it. ;) That probably goes for the house too!
Preschool registration
Have I mentioned how ridiculously stressful preschool registration can be?! Albeit, it's self-inflicted stress. But the lines on registration day, the no guarantees, the waiting lists and process in general. We have been on a waiting list at Bright Beginnings since last semester and while we LOVE Teddy Bear Junction (G's current school), BB is half the price. :/ So, I woke up uber-early Tuesday morning for BB's New Student Registration Day for Fall 2012. That's right. In February. I headed that way arriving 30 minutes early at 8am. While I was prepared to throw some 'bows in the general direction of any mom that stood in my way of getting Grayson into our #1 choice, I didn't have to because I was first in line! They opened early and Grayson got the LAST available spot for the 2 y.o. class! That means they have all returning students from the year before except one child and G got that spot! The Preschool Director was right: The early bird really does get the worm. :)


Office Makeover!
I have BIG things planned for our home office! Of course I don't have it completed b/c that's not my style. But I have major visions for that room! I want to turn it into a shared space with two (preferably matching) desks facing each other in the center of the room, matching chairs and some awesome, sturdy shelves on each wall for books. You know I have a Pinterest board that captures all my "wants"! I need to do less wanting and more doing but that requires a budget. And the office has as much of a line item in our budget right now as a new Mercedes does. Get it? There isn't one. Moving on...
In true Stacey fashion, I only have a "before" picture and then moved on to something else... :)
The matchy matchy. My vision is still different than this but you get my drift. 
Shelves! Beau is doing the happy dance over the idea of putting more holes in the walls! ;)


Happy Hour!
I so look forward to my one-on-one time with my friend Lori. We met at Cru for a real life Friday night happy hour, enjoyed a great bottle of wine and a cheese board, and then moved over to Jasper's for some good people watching and blue cheese potato chips. Ohmygoodness, love. Lori and I get along so well because our conversation is the perfect balance of parenting, personal, funny stuff and career (past, present and future) and she's one of the most level-headed, realistic, funny people I know. I look forward to these dates with her. :)

No comments: