Sunday, February 12, 2012

A family who croups together stays together

Beau stayed home this week to be with us and we are so, so happy that he did! Not just because of our time together but also because Grayson became sick over last weekend. :( We took him into the pediatrician Monday morning and it was official, our baby had the Crap Croup. Croup is a big mess of a barking cough, pretty high fever (G's peaked at 102.5), cold symptoms like congestion and a lot of snot. The barking cough and drainage translates to sleepless nights and loss of appetite which then means a pretty cranky, miserable child. He is such a healthy kid so we can't complain but it has lasted ALL week. That's a long time for 3 people to stay cooped (they should call it crouped!) up in the house. And naturally Beau and I became sick as well. Not nearly as bad as Grayson but a lot of kleenex being used!



Poor baby couldn't get relief.


I am so thankful that Beau was here with me! He really did everything: got up with Grayson in the middle of the night, held him while he slept, moved him into our bed some nights and even cuddled him on his side of the bed so that I could sleep. What a dream! I don't even know how miserable it would have been if it was just up to me!
Father of the Year, I call it! :)
I was one Springer Spaniel away from being kicked out of my own bed! 
We spent a lot of mornings like this. Whatever we could do to get him to sleep!
8 days in the house together looked a little like this...
A lot like this... ;)
Sometimes like this (when he chose to eat)
...and a lot of standing around. Doesn't he look like a little man here?!
It wasn't all rough - Beau and I had a double date last night at Josephine's while my parents kept Grayson overnight. The food and wine were delicious as always and we headed to a bar afterward to meet up with more friends. Amazing cheese fries and a $4 margarita - I was in heaven there too!

Beau heads back on the road tomorrow, Grayson goes back to school and I have a doctors appointment,  meeting a friend for coffee and our church Life Group kicks off again. I don't want to go back to normal! :)

No comments: